Importing Motorbike from Japan

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by selimpiot 5 yrs ago
Hello,

I would like to check if anyone has any experience with importing a motorbike from Japan. Ideally i would like to find a reliable company here that can take care of the process for a fee and help me get a good second hand motorbike from Japan, where premium motorbikes are much cheaper.

Specifically i am looking to purchase a second hand BMW Rnine t (model 2016-2018). A brand new one in HK would cost me around HKD 210k. I believe i can import a similar second hand model Japan for a total cost (including registration tax of 35% and shipping) of around HKD 120k - 150k, which is a good saving in my opinion.

If anyone has done the same with a company here it would be great to share your experience.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 5 yrs ago
If you need to import a motorcycle into Hong Kong from Japan or any other country, your best bet is to contact one of the major relocation companies that service HK. 

These moving companies have experts on staff who have experience with moving all sorts of vehicles into Hong Kong including cars and motorbikes.

They can advise you on any taxes that will apply to importing your used motorbike as well as the shipping costs.

Hope that helps! 

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad