Commuting to Cyberport HELP!

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by nycnative 7 yrs ago
Hey guys,

I'm relocating to HK from NYC for a job in Cyberport and have questions about possible commute times from different areas on the HK island. Just by looking at the map, it looks like Kennedy Town is the closest neighborhood i would consider living in since I'm a bachelor in my late 20s and not considering the south side of the island for residence. However, I dont know much about Ktown and would prefer to live in wan chai, causeway bay or sai ying pun. I've googled the time it would take from wan chai to Cyberport by public transportation and it's showing ~1 hour which is too long. I've also heard that there are minibuses i can take and i've looked those up, but they websites dont say how long the commute is by minibus. Does anyone have any experience commuting to cyberport or taking minibus in HK?

Just a quick background about me - i'm an asian american looking for a balance of restaurants, nightlife, and neighborhood. Also would prefer if there are at least some expats in the neighborhood (doesn't have to necessarily be like soho). I'm coming from Manhattan so i'm used to living in the hustle/bustle scene, but more importantly I would prefer my commute to be less than 40min if possible.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Charles

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
travoasia 7 yrs ago
Charles Are you in hk now? i can give you some advise.

thanks
Stephen

kajalaswani 7 yrs ago
There are a growing number of expats living in KTown, both single and young families and it is one of the trendiest places to be in right now with lots of new restaurants opening up. You must check it out. Its only less than 10 mins drive away to Central and there are frequent buses to Cyberport.

nycnative 7 yrs ago
@Kajalaswani - thanks for the tip. i've heard the same about ktown but would at least like to know how long the public commute would take from SYP/Soho/Wanchai before committing to ktown

@travoasia - i'm planning to move at the end of the month. any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

hkwatcher 7 yrs ago
Go for Pokfulam, somewhere close to HKU. There is MTR into Wan Chai, buses that will take you too Cyberport and ocean views. Noise level is lover than both Causeway Bay and Wanc.
Baguio is one and Belchers's if you have an expat rent allowance. Check out places using an agent. It cost some money, but if you are new it may be worth it. They will show you a variety of places that are not listed online. Good luck
BTW, there are 2 lovely older complexes that are called Wa Fu and chi Fu very close to Cyberport and are really nice place even though older.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad