Flatshare problem

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Eddy 7 yrs ago
Hello

I am away from Hk for 6 months and I have decided to rent out my spare bedroom while away.
I had a cleaner organised to come once a week and keep on eye on the flat.
Flatmate moved in ( so she gets a entire flat for 1/2 the rent, cleaner and bills paid).
about 3 weeks after I leave, she threatened my cleaner to call the police as she apparently had stolen 1/2 her foundation bottle and some make up. the flatmate doesnt let me know but my cleaner gives me her notice as she doesn't feel safe going into my flat and facing the woman.
bear in mind my flatmate never told me about it and only spoke to me a week later after I asked why my cleaner ( who has been working for me 4 years) decides to leave...
I then asked a friend who has my key to empty my dehumidifier once a week.
I found out my flatmate as been going in my room and used my aircon... all without asking ( she does have air con in her room but prefers mine !
Then my friend goes to the flat this week and send me some photos of the living room with lots of luggages, suspicion that she has friends staying... never spoke to me about it.
She then contcated me today saying I have a bed bugs infection in the sofa and that I need to organise fumigation...I asked her of someone came in as bed bugs don't come in like that...
she denies having someone in.
As I have been only been having problems, I decided to give her notice as it s just not with the headache...
she now threatens me to take me to the police for illegal sublet....
what are my options ?
I have a month deposit, wrote her a letter with all my details ( hkid no, letter w=that was apparently asked by the bank to open an account).

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
eurasirgeon16291629 7 yrs ago
if you can demonstrate that you have consent from the landlord that you subletting your apartment to alleviate your financial burden, even in court you can win the appeal of the judge to rule in your favor. but if your accommodation is provided by your company and your company has in black and white restricted your use of the apartment, then you better handle this matter with your tenant personally. my friend works for mastercard and he lives in hillsborough. he sublets his spare room and establish some common courtesy rules in advance. now he makes some really nice profit from this kind of passive income.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad