Marriage Help Nedded

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Antony Wood 9 yrs ago
I am married to a Chinese woman and live in Shanghai. We have a wonderful 3 year old daughter together. To make a long story short, my wife and I have been having a lot of problems over the years. I fear for the end of our relationship and want to prepare myself ahead of time for my daughter's sake. Typical situation that I never thought I would be in; I'm only still together with my wife because I am afraid of losing my daughter. I can't stand the though of not seeing her every day.

Does anybody have any experience working through this, or advice to share with me? I tried going to a marriage councillor with my wife a long time ago, but it didn't work. I was so sad and frustrated tonight I started looking at lawyers websites. I don't know what to do. Is it really time to get out? If so, is there any chance I can get custody of my daughter?

Appreciate any help..

Antony

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
wilkette46 9 yrs ago
hi Anthony - sorry to hear about your difficulties. I do recommend St John's Cathedral counselling services; they do marital counselling. There is one counselor there in particular who is a psychiatrist and a lawyer - if you need him let me know i'll PM you his name.

jessielau 8 yrs ago
Hello,

My name is Jessie, I'm a reporter from the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong. I'm working on a story about expats and divorce in Hong Kong - what are the factors behind it, some of the challenges that arise as a result of divorce, etc.

I'm looking to speak to expats in Hong Kong who have either been through divorce or is considering divorce about their experiences. All sources will remain anonymous in the piece – my goal is to get an insight on the struggle for expat couples in Hong Kong in particular.

I think this issue needs to be discussed more in the mainstream media, and I think having first person accounts in the story would really help people empathize and better navigate this topic, especially if they are struggling through a similar situation.

If you're interested, please send me an email at jessie.lau@scmp.com.

Best,
Jessie

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad