Vbac or rcs.. Just can't decide

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Bollimama 11 yrs ago
I m 35 wks now .. Going to PMH ..

As far as I am concerned they both have their risks and neither out weigh the other to me.Although I am actually a little more scared of the VBAC than the RCS. I know what a c-section is like, it wasn't painful, i had a very very short/easy recovery, my scar is pretty much gone you can't see it, and I felt pretty good afterwards.. no pain just felt scared that my stomach would fall out if i moved to fast, but it didn't! lol anyways.. so the reason for my c-section was because i was in labor for quite some time with not much progress

Does the hospital gives us option for vbac or rcs...

I have an app this week at PMH ..and I want to ask for RCS..

Do they support ?or force me to go for vbac?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AaliyahM 11 yrs ago
Hi Bollimama,

You will have the option for an RCS. Because of the risk of rupture, they will allow mothers to choose.

I chose VBAC but the nurse talked me out of it when I was in active labor. I caved in because of the pain. I could kick myself for it.

Now with my third pregnancy, it'll be another RCS because I cannot risk VBAC with two scars.

Bollimama 11 yrs ago
Thanx AaliyahM..

Heard that public hospitals will not support for RCS...

they ask us to go for forced vbac and then not progressing they do emcs.

Any reviews abt PMH....

AaliyahM 11 yrs ago
Having been in the same position last year, I have to say that it's not correct. The public hospitals will give you a choice for either RCS or VBAC.

I was given a choice to either book my time for a RCS or try for a VBAC. I was told the pros and cons of each, then told to think about it. They told me to give them a decision early in my third trimester.

Personally I regretted going to the private hospital where they pushed for RCS while I was attempting a VBAC. I wish I had gone to the public hospital where they were more supportive of VBAC.

With two c-sections now and me expecting a third, I don't think either the public or private will allow me a trial of labour.

Bollimama 11 yrs ago
Today I had app in PMH .. I m now 35 wks..

When I asked for an option for vbac or rcs..

They told ..they do not perform RCS when there is no medical reason..

Since my cs was 3 yrs back .. They will go for Vbac.. With no option for me to select..for Rcs.

If my cervix is not dilated..or I m not progressing then they will do emergency cs..

AaliyahM 11 yrs ago
Really? Wow! That's really something new to me coz I saw them only two years ago before the birth of my baby last year and I'm pretty sure they gave me a choice. And my first child was delivered 6 years earlier so an even longer interval.

They will not offer you a c-section if you've never had one before but if you have had one, it's different. For me, anyway. Well if I ever change my mind and decide to use the public system for my third c-section, I'll ask again for you :-)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad