Photos while Pregnant and of Baby

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by crj 18 yrs ago
I am almost due, and my husband really wants some photos of us while still pregnant.

Later we also want good photos of the newborn and then baby.

Have you done this?

Any comments on your experience?

Have gotten quotes from:

http://www.momentsgallery.com/

and

http://www.radhikarao.com

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
Crj -

I did my own photos of my newborn and me - and I have to see, most people are very impressed with my shots. My mom took the ones of my newborn and me, and I took the ones of my husband and her. I also took some shots of her by herself - I am not a professional photographer, although I do have a decent camera. (A non digital, SLR, used black and white film.) I had a friend who used Radhika - and I had also taken many shots of her and her newborn prior. She and her husband ended saying that the photos that I took were better than the ones that they had paid through the nose for.

I think the key is good natural lighting, a decent camera, and your own intuition. If you are camera scared and aren't confident, then of course paying someone makes tons of sense. But it doesn't hurt to experiment. Try and see if your husband can get some nice shots of you - use hazy sunlight and no flash - and wear solids - you may be suprised at what he can do!

miming 18 yrs ago
Hi,I had took my photo (my tummy)all the way of my pregnancy,means every month for my Baby journal.I think it was fine after 9 mos I gave birth to a healhty baby.

crj 18 yrs ago
HKCC - thanks for the great advice as always - solid colours seem to be the key in the samples I have seen - either white or black. And B/W photos are definately the trend at the moment and look really good.

We do have a good camera, but I want to go to a photographer for them to help us with ideas and so we can both be in the photos and for the post-photo processing. Also, I am not a good subject as I don't really like being pregnant - so a professional might put me at ease, while I am likely to get upset with my very sweet and patient husband ;)

Any suggestions on poses or content of photos?

Do you look at your photos now? Which ones are you happiest with and why?

Miming - not worried at all about the health benefits at all, I get ultrasounds, use a mobile phone, laptop and microwave and live in polluted HK! :)

Do you have any advice on poses or what to wear for photos in the 9th month??

Do you look at your photos now? Which ones are you happiest with and why?

miming 18 yrs ago
Hi crj,it was my sister in law took a photo with me,she is not professional though but comes out very nice. You can hire some proffesional one ,and they will be the one to guide you (poses) during the sessions.I made a journal for my daughter and it began when she was 3 mos on my tummy.I still look at it and my happiest one was during my last week of my pregancy ,look so awful since I put lots of wieght but it was my happiest one since i was so excited to see her.

crj 18 yrs ago
Thanks for the very detailed coments - - I will contact her for a quote and to see a sample of her work too!

crj 18 yrs ago
Melanie just got in touch - she has just moved, and her studio is not set up yet, so unfortunately the timing will not work. Thank you again for the contact details.

crj 18 yrs ago
BTW - we decided to use Teresa at Moments - she is EXCELLENT... We have done bump, newborn, and two baby sessions so far... my goal is to have a series of professional photos of the first year in a book with a few framed.

She is amazing at making us feel relaxed, comfortable and the whole session is really fun.

At the same time, we take a lot of our own photos and make 'books' at www.mypublisher.com to give to the granparents and show off.

Moments photos are very 'soft' and have a way of making everyone look wonderful.

http://www.momentsgallery.com/

Vulvic 18 yrs ago
I have also thought about doing this.

So far hubby has been taking pics of me at home with the burgeoning bump. Whilst they are not particulary glamourous (me sans make-up, hair scraped back in various expansive vest tops), I think they're great. They're totally unposed and a reflection of how I am feeling and looking at the time they are taken.

That said I would like some family portraits done once baby comes along but with a twist. I would like some fun pics of us, the baby and our bonkers dog. I don't want anything artistic, just something fresh and fun.

Any advice on good photographers that can achieve this would be great.

crj 18 yrs ago
Hi - do try Teresa at moments - she does 'on location' shots as well and is very accomodating to what you want - ie, fun and with the dog.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
wow, mypublisher.com looks great....a gift idea for grandparents this x'mas!

some of my friends create a calendar instead with a different pic of the bub for every month.

hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
another choice for cool photobooks and cards and also calendars - had a bunch of stuff done at www.photoworks.com and loved how EVERYTHING came out - not to mention - my family was really thrilled too! (even my hard to impress father gave me a compliment.)

honeypie 18 yrs ago
Hi cri, how much did you pay Teresa for her service/package?

crj 18 yrs ago
honeypie - I don't remember, but we went for the 'package' of multiple visits. Where it starts to cost is when you order prints or products. I think her prices are on her website.

Vulvic 18 yrs ago
I will also check Teresa out. Thanks crj.

Haydence 11 yrs ago
A friend of mine showed me her maternity photos which are mostly black and white, very natural and, I'd say, artistic too. She said it took her a while to find a local professional photographer dedicated to newborn and maternity like Keith Cheung of photoTsunic stuido. He made her feel comfortable and relaxed during the shoot. I recalled there was one abstract photo just showing her beautiful curve! And, there was a very sweet one that she holds her 2-year-old daughter.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad