Fears giving birth here at public hospital.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by rheia 12 yrs ago
I'm 34 weeks now so I'm pretty close to delivering my little one but lately I've been starting to worry about how everything will happen when I start going to labor! I get my monthly antenatal checkups at the antenatal clinic behind Kwong Wah hospital and I can't seem to openly discuss my fears with the doctors. It might be because of the language barrier, I can't speak cantonese just plain english. Also, it could be the fact that I keep getting different doctors on each visit. I don't know anyone that has given birth here in Hong Kong so I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me how it is giving birth at a public hospital. Like if they would give you choices of an epidural or just give you an episiotomy without you even wanting one? Things like that. I really can't put my mind at ease! I seem to be imagining them just doing everything their way!! I don't want my first baby to come out with her mommy all unhappy!!! :(

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Richo1 12 yrs ago
Hi rheia,

I've just delivered in the QMH so I can only speak from the experience I had there and they were absolutely fantastic. It is normal not to have the same Dr when you go for your visits unless you are high risk and then you will see the same team each time. I'm sure once you arrive in the hospital the Dr there will speak excellent English.

I will send you a private message so if you want to talk to me you can.

kristrunlind 12 yrs ago
Hi

I gave birth at QMH but with support from Hulda and the annerley team. Fantastic support, she knows HK hospitals in and out. I most of the checkups with them also. You will find them @ www.annerley.com.hk

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad