Looking for an Ob/Gyn

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by not pizza 12 yrs ago
Hello,

It's our first pregnancy. After reading a bit about it, we would have gone for a midwife, but our insurance does not cover it, so we have to go for a doctor.

Is there a register of Ob/Gyn we can choose from? Any association we can get help from? Any recommendations from you?

Ideally our doctor would:

1. Be supportive of a natural birth, changing positions, etc. He or she should partner with us. We have an open mind, but we'd favour a midwife-like doctor.

2. Be caring, calming, patient and supportive; have good bedside manners. Be able to smile.

3. Be close to our home (Sheung Shui, New Territories, next to Shenzhen)

4. We would probably give birth in a public hospital. We heard good things about Queen Mary. Is our choice restricted in any way by the hospital we choose?

5. Speak good English. Not necessarily a native speaker, but it needs to be *good*. We don't speak Cantonese.

6. Cost us less then 25,000 HKD total for ante-natal care (that's our insurance cap).

Thanks! :-)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
due2008 11 yrs ago
If you choose to go public then you don't get to pick the doctor. If you have insurance, see if they cover private hospitals. Union hospital in sha tin will be closest to you. I had my first baby there and it was pretty good. Second was in the public system and not so great communication wise ( we had some complications) the care was fine as they did what they needed to do. The language barrier did make the situation a bit more stressful.I can recommend the doctor I saw with both pregnancies and he can deliver at Union. His name is Raymond Chung and his phone number is 23982323. He delivered my first child at Union. He is a very caring and supportive doctor. I highly recommend him!I live in sheung Shui, please pm me if you want to get in touch.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad