Mainland Chinese wife wanting to give birth in HK

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AsianDad58 10 yrs ago
My wife is mainland chinese and I'm a U.S. citizen. I have a HK ID (work visa and not a permanent residences ID) but my wife doesn't. We just found out that she's pregnant and we want her to give birth in HK. I have the following questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) Apparently the new rules stipulates that if I don't have a permanent residence ID, my wife can not give birth in HK because she only has a PRC passport. IS this true?

2) If I get my wife to apply for a dependency visa, will they allow her to give birth in HK?

3) how easy is it to get this dependency visa for my wife? Apparently I heard it's tough for mainland chinese to get any status in HK.

thank you for your help.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
NuinHK 10 yrs ago
Why haven't you applied for a HKID for your wife? If you meet all the basic requirements for dependent visa, it should be a breeze. HK law does not descriminate against mailand spouses of expats on a work visa. If in doubt, check relevant laws on HKID website or talk to someone at the inquiry window. Once your wife is on a dependent visia, she can give birth and even look for employment in HK. Congrats and best of luck.

Oski 10 yrs ago
1) True

2) Yes

3) Easy if she has already has permanent residency in a third country (i.e. U.S. green card). a bit more paper work if she does not.

AsianDad58 10 yrs ago
thank you for your help!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad