Delivery at Matilda (Auspicious time & E)mergency

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by RichmondHill 13 yrs ago
Would like some information about how Matilda charges its patients for delivery at auspicious time and emergency. I contacted the hospital and was told that if you or yoru doctor specifically request the time slot for delivery, it will be charged according to auspicious time. Another case is that if you already pre-book a time for delivery, and if it happens that yoour water broke early, you will be charged as emergency admission. It seems to me that no matter what you do, you caught by paying a premium... Or have I missed something?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
LOJITT 13 yrs ago
Maybe just let the baby come when it comes?? That's the best outcome for the baby. Just a suggestion.

RichmondHill 13 yrs ago
good suggestion but not for everyone. It's not because of superstitious belief but I would like to plan ahead as I am not sure I can handle the stress waiting for my water to break...That said, I am cognizant that i can happen even if I have booked an appointment for a c-section..

LOJITT 13 yrs ago
Well if you're definitely having a c-section then you have to book ahead and it's normally done at 38/39 weeks. You don't just wait for your waters to break. If it happens that they do, then yes, you'd be treated as an emergency c-section, as they incur extra costs getting the staff etc. Also, I think you have to pay more if you want a planned c-section "out of hours".

However, if your Obs asks for a scheduled c-section, but gives the hospital flexibility in scheduling within a couple of days, then I'm pretty sure you just pay the standard c-section rate (planned is cheaper than emergency)

What does your Obs say? Also, how pregnant are you because unless you're under 9 weeks, you're probably too late to get booked into Matilda anyway?

RichmondHill 13 yrs ago
LOJITT: I am 30 weeks now. Matilda has confirmed me but still getting a date near my due date would be tough for C-section. I am late Oct/Early Nov but Matilda has me on Nov 15 because the 1 nov to 14th are full..... ( no idea how this works!)

While my Ob is opened to natural and c-section, the number of slots in the hospital is probably out of his control in some ways... Again, I never understand how this part of the world works in terms of giving birth...

LOJITT 13 yrs ago
Richmond- yeah it's not easy to navigate

Ok- well how it works is that they have so many slots a day for planned c-sections, and then they have to leave some free in case any of the natural births become emergency c-sections, so what they're saying is that at the moment, if you want a planned c-section, it's the 15th or late October. However, if you're booked for a natural delivery (which it sounds like you are because your Obs wouldnt have booked you for a planned c-section past your due date- they normally do them at 39 weeks) then you turn up when you're in labour and then if they have to do c-section they just do it. Seems like that's your best option. You might find that you're fine with the natural birth and don't need a c-section. The great thing about Matilda is that they dont quibble over epidurals :-)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad