Bringing Dogs into HK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by edelg 15 yrs ago
I've posted here about this before but to no avail so I'll try again!

I'm planning on bringing my dogs back into Hong Kong from Ireland in Feb / March. We're on a break with family until then having returned from Hong Kong in Summertime.

We did the whole pets passport procedure to come back to Ireland and I'm aware of most of whats needed to return to Hong Kong.

I'd be really greatful of any advice from anyone especially who has flown with their dog as cargo from Ireland or the UK. I've read some confusing detail about the flight needing to be direct which isn't possible from Ireland as far as I'm aware. Can anyone share their experiences or advise?

many thanks :-)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
nanana211 15 yrs ago
I used to study in Ireland and I used Pet Movers to bring my dog into hongkong. They did a fantastic job on picking up service and delivery to Hong Kong. The whole process took me about one month.

www.petmovershk.com

edelg 15 yrs ago
Hey there, thanks for your message.Do you mind me asking how much that cost you? I've been in direct contact with the agents in Heathrow and to organise it myself that way seems reasonable, just don't know if I'd need some kind of agent to deal with the logistics when we land in Hong Kong. On another note, so you know of any good places to make other people with dogs, make friends that way in Hong Kong? I know when living in HK last I used to walk my dogs by Wanchai peir but always quiet there at that time! :-)

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
There's a dog guide coming out soon to raise money for animal welfare charities and it will have all the info that you are looking for. see www.woofguides.com for more info

Sunday morning up the Peak is a good place, hang out round starbucks. Your dog will soon be sniffing the other dogs bums and you're bound to get chatting with the owners.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
I think woofguides is a great idea. I look forward to that.

joe317 15 yrs ago
it's ok if there's no direct flight from Ireland to HK, as long as the captain from the plane can certify that during the transit, your dog have no connection with other doggies, that's fine, my poodle was ship from Texas to HK, she needs to stay overnight in New York before head to HK cos the airlines (Continential airline) don't allow her to fly for more than 24 hours directly to HK, the breeder booked the seat for my puppy and provided me all the necessary documents, and i processed the documents + pick her up at the airport (cargo area) all on my own, and i save up $2,500 as the charges from the pet movers, total cost included airfare and one night hotel in New York is around US$850, she's a teacup poodle, so the freight charges is cheaper

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad