Dog form HK to Macau

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by capital 15 yrs ago
Are dogs allowed on any of the ferries to Macau? I understand that you can book a private room on the Cotai for HKD 2200 and bring your dog over that way (I may as well bring it by helicopter!)

Any others you know of? Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
djswazi 15 yrs ago
Is this a day trip or a move for good?

capital 15 yrs ago
Oh, a move for good.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
find a pet exporter in hong kong and ask them , they would defanitly know.

The only one I know is "export your pet" sai kung

capital 15 yrs ago
Apparently there is a 'barge' that you can bring them over on ..? Any info?

cokeca 15 yrs ago
i've moved my dogs from Hong Kong to Macau via boat but they are not allow on Cotai Ferry and Turbo Jet. They had to take a cargo boat (operates daily) and you pay the ppl there to look after your dogs. It costs me about HKD 200 to ship them here and the ride of the boat is 5 hours. There're a lot of preparations before you can import your dogs. Just so you know, if you move them from HK to Macau, if they ever need to go to anywhere else, they first have to quarantine in HK for 60 days before release back to HK or somewhere else. If you need further info, let me know. I'd be happy to help you out. Good Luck

ChinaDux 13 yrs ago
Do you have the contact for the HK cargo? I want to ship my dog to Macau at the end of the mth.

Thanks a bunch!

ChinaDux 13 yrs ago
Got 2 quotations from 2 pet exporters: $5800 & $6880, ridiculously expensive for Macau which is only 1 hr away from HK.

So I decided to do it by myself for only a fraction of the cost. Cargo Ship contact: 3157 0850 from Western District (Sheung Wan). It cost my toy poodle dog in his own crate for only $500. You do not need to book the cargo ship fare, just come that day (only wkdy) at 12pm. The ship will arrive to Macau at 6:15pm.

1) get rabies vaccinations 30 days prior to departure, but not after 12 months

2) get import form from Macau (valid for 30 days)

3) bring dog to vet to get a health certificate (valid for 10 days)

4) then get it endorsed by the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department

5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Office

303 Cheung Sha Wan Road

Sham Shui Po, Kowloon

When I decide to move back to HK, there is a 120 days quarantine for the doggy. If just stopover HK airport not exceeding 24 hr, then it's not necessary. I wonder if ppl ever tried shipping their dogs from Macau Airport to Shanghai, then to another destinations to avoid the 5 hrs cargo shipment for the dog again.

Cheers~!

Latika 11 yrs ago
Do everyone have the cargo ship contact other than the above numbers? I called and they are a clinic. I need to ship my cat from Hong Kong to Macao asap

Many thanks

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad