Moving to HK with my Lab

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by romie 15 yrs ago
I will be moving to HK soon and working in Central. I am thinking of taking my Lab ( about 28 kg) with me and stay Tsim Sha Tsui or Wan Chai. .if the apartment in these places are doggie friendly? I have yet to check the relocation cost as well as the common boarding cost in HK. Pls advice. I've read other post recommending to stay in NT but it seems it's a bit far to Central, Pls advice best location - near central, doggie friendly area, as well as reasonable boarding cost when I am away. My budget for housing around rental 20 - 40 K per month

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
romie 15 yrs ago
Hi Cara,

Thanks.

As I will be living alone with the lab, i am not going to rent a big place. Could you advice the avarage boarding cost or would apppreciate you pm me your boarding cost and services thanks

romie 15 yrs ago
Hi Cara,

will check it out, thanks.

djswazi 15 yrs ago
theres 2 huge sections of grass at the wanchai dog park cara , how can you say theres no grass is site.

informative you are not

wholetthedogzout 15 yrs ago
Hi Romie,

If you're working in Central, another option is Mid-Levels, Caine Road, Robinson Road, Conduit Road, etc. but some building are not pet friendly so you'll have to check with the management office once you narrow down your choice of accomodation.

You can also consider a old walk up with roof top, so your dog can get some fresh air during the day while you're out, there are a couple of Real estate agencies that specialize in "designer apartments" meaning nice decoration and good location. You can check it on HK Magazine.

When you first come to HK, and if you're staying in Hotel or Serviced apartments, it's not going to be easy to find pet friendly places. Sharma in wanchai and Mid-levels and Chi residence Connaught road is pet friendly too.

If you need boarding for your dog, let me know we offer doarding and daycare service at Dogz Central.

Hope this helps.

romie 15 yrs ago
Hi thanks wholetthedogzout.

there are 4 locations in my short list now = Discovery Bay, Bel Air Residence, Park Island and Midlevel.

I like Discovery Bay and Bel Air very much and I have to see Park Island.

Hope someone can give me comment for this .

Thanks

wholetthedogzout 15 yrs ago
Hi! Both Discovery Bay and Park Island are great choices for dog owners,with so much greens / and outdoor areas and dog friendly/loving residents. (Some Hong Kong people are scared of dogs, regardless of sizes or breeds, sometimes, it's quite amusing to see some people's reactions when you walk with your dog and you catch them off guard. squeaks and squeals :)) but the ferry rides can be ..... difficult especially late at nights or awful weathers. (we get a lot of typhoon and rain storm warnings and the ferries get suspended on these occasions. I used to live in DB and absolutely loved it, but the commute did bother me eventually although they're only 30-45 mins door to door maximum) If you need more help/advice, let me know. I'd be happy to help as a fellow dog parent in Hong Kong.

Once again, mid levels, or some less traffics parts of midlevels are my best advice, Pokfulam is also great (Bel Air Residence would be a good compromise between you and your dog I'd say) but it all depends on what environment you'd feel most comfortable at.

Wish you and your dog best of luck finding a perfect home! and don't forget to come visit us at dogz central! :)

joe317 15 yrs ago
Happy Valley is a good choice, i LOVE to live there, lots of people there keep dogs, not only one but a few for each family, most of the bldgs there allow you to keep pets, got a few vet clinic and pet shops for grooming, friendly people, nice enviornment and convenient, i am working at IFC, it only takes me 10 - 15 mins by bus to Central, good location for doggies to walk around

d5222 14 yrs ago
Hello Joe,

We are about to move to HK with 2 dogs and wondered how the experience has been for you, where you'd recommend living, etc? I'm assuming you're now there, of course.

Many thanks,

David

joe317 14 yrs ago
Hi David,

yes i am now living in Happy Valley with my five doggies, Happy Valley is a very small place but with lots of different restaurants, vet clinic, pet shop for grooming and dog food supply, convenient location with walking distance to Causeway Bay, very easy to get a cab, nice environment for doggies to walk around, people here are very friendly, unlike the place that i lived before, they just hate my doggies, even for a toy poodle

when are you going to move to HK and where ? two of my doggies are from Texas and i prepared all the necessary documents for them to come to HK, if you prefer to do the same thing, i can provide you more info on this + property market in Happy Valley, e.g. rental, thanks

Amparo Kia 14 yrs ago
Bel Air residence is good, quite and clean environment, there is a big green park where dogs can play and run around, you can meet a lot of other dog owners too, and it is convenient to Central, there is this bus who go direct to Exchange square in about 15 minutes, though you need to note the bus route time to avoid waiting at the bus stop.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad