In home Dog sitting

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by curt&sam 14 yrs ago
Is there anyone out there who does in-home dog sitting or knows of someone? We have 2 boston terrier dogs, house trained and well mannered. One is just coming over from Canada in a week and we believe she will need some time to adjust to a different lifestyle. She has only been kennelled once and finds it stressful therefore we are not willing to kennel her a week after she gets here as she may not do well. Also, the closest kennels that look reputable seem to be all the way across Hong Kong in Si Kung (we are in Pui O, Lantau Island).

I am wondering if anyone out there takes dogs into their homes to sit or will house-sit at our place with our dogs? I also do not like the idea of someone coming to check them once or twice a day, our dogs will only know each other for a week and will be unpredictable alone at that time as well as that is MUCH too long to leave a dog alone for 5 days!

I know I sound over-protective of my dogs but they are my babies! If anyone can help, please reply to this thread or send my a private message! Thanks!!!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Pumpkin Girl 14 yrs ago
Totally understand your feelings about your dogs.

Have a look at Dogz Central, www.dogzcentral.com - it's in Central so you can bring your dogs in on the ferry and then catch a taxi up there. They have someone there with the dogs 24/7 and there is a webcam to give you extra peace of mind.

Or if you want to take them over to DB, there is home boarding at www.quoquoclub.com

Devon 14 yrs ago
The dog finds kennels stressful so the owner in unwilling to put her dog in that situation which I totally agree with. The owner is looking for a in-home dog-sitter not a kennel.

Pumpkin Girl 14 yrs ago
Hi Devon

those aren't kennels, they are an inbetween home boarding type solution that the owner might want to consider.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you can get what you need.

A friend of mine was looking for the same as this owner but couldn't find it and she went to see Dogz Central and decided she would be very happy leaving her dog there. The options I've suggested may not be right for this owner but if she doesn't know about them, she can't even consider them.

curt&sam 14 yrs ago
Thank you "Pumpkin Girl"! I do appreciate the tips very much. Although we have been here for a year I still have lots to find out about Hong Kong! And I didn't know that there was even anywhere closer than Sui Kung that looks after dogs.

curios 14 yrs ago
Where are you based... I'm looking for a dog friend for my pup - especially over Xmas..

curt&sam 14 yrs ago
We are in Ham Tin Pui O on Lantau Island. You are looking for someone to watch your puppy over x-mas holidays?

fattimtim 12 yrs ago
Dog Sitting Exchange

We are looking for someone who would be interested in taking care of our dog in their home during our absence and in return we would provide the same arrangement for you. Our Springer Spaniel is ~ 4yr young/40lbs. He's a mellow guy, totally house trained, and loves to eat, sleep & walk/run in the outdoors. We checked out some commercial facilities and they are often full & cost quite a bit (I'm sure many are worth every penny). We are near the end of our wits and would like to hear from anyone in a similar position. Meg

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad