Where to stay

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Dendera 14 yrs ago
Hi, I will be moving to HK first week of January 2010. I will be staying in hotel for 2 - 3 weeks and looking for apartment. I will bring my dogs here as well in Feb or march upon I settled down fully.

I've visited Park Island, Discovery Bay and these places are very nice.

However, I will be working in Central . Except Park Island I am still looking for other places which is friendly to dogs, accessible to vet and petshop, easy to commute to Central. I have limited budget of 8 - 12 K rental only. My job requires me to travel a lot therefore the place I am looking at also accesible to boarding place or many choices of dog sitter.

appreciate your advice .

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
lavaflow 14 yrs ago
Hi, the place I would recommend which will meet most of your requirements is Discovery Bay.

1/There is direct bus from the discovery bay to the airport.Just 20s minutes.

2/Since your working place is at Central , the best way is to take boat everyday , the transportation fee will be USD8 per day.

3./8-12K can be rented a studio nearby the pier or a 2-room flat which will be 10 min. away from pier by bus.

4/ It's the dogs' paradise in HK and many trails you can walk them , go hiking/running/swimming,etc. There is a prefessional vet clinic in the island and a petshop too . I order dogs' food online and can be delivered to my door.

4/ There are many part time maids available who can look after your dogs . I don't take my dogs' to boarding , as home will be the most comfortable place for them.

5/If you like to party , shopping malls often , you better to live in the town but your dogs will be stuck among the concrete jungles too. The bad air, narrow streets and loads of people ,where your dogs can have a run ? Grassland will be a luxury .

Why I can tell so detailed about Discovery bay ? As I moved myself with 2 dogs here 10s years ago, and I travel a lot too .These are my personal opinions for your ref. Let me know if you have more questions.

Dendera 14 yrs ago
Thanks lavaflow, cara .

May I know the how much the part time maid charge to take of the dogs at home and do little house work ? any contact ?

Dendera 14 yrs ago
thanks cara

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad