Moving 2 dogs from Singapore to Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cheeky 14 yrs ago
Hi there

We are likely to be relocating back to HK after 2 years in Singapore. Since then our 'family' has expanded by 2 dogs. They have been spayed and are licenced for Singapore.

Has anyone got experience of moving dogs from Singapore to HK - can you advise how long they may need to be kennelled, and is there an option of where they spend their time for any quarantine?

Any advice appreciated!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
joe317 14 yrs ago
Hi Cheeky, you can check more details from www.afcd.gov.hk, Sing is under group II and no need for guarantine as long as your doggies are at least 5 months old and provided all the necessary documents, you need to apply an import licence for your doggies first, it's not that complicated, i done this twice and imported two poodles from Texas, i suggested you to fax all the completed documents to AFCD before you ship them back, have them check if all the documents are ok, normally they will reply within 24 hours, after they arrive HK, you need to pick them up at the Cargo area within the HK airport, the only thing you need to bear in mind is the chip that accepted by AFCD, it contains 9 digit, i know some are 10 digits, this is not a big problem if your dog's chip is with 10 digits, all they need to do is to take another chip at the AFCD at the cargo area, hope all these info helps

cheeky 14 yrs ago
Thank you Joe317 - its brilliant if they don't have to spend any time in quarantine. All info much appreciated!

joe317 14 yrs ago
Hi Cheeky, u are welcome, apply the import licence first and as long as the supporting documents are all correct, you can pick them up after 2 hours the flight arrive HK at the cargo area, where are you going to stay in HK ? as you know, a lot of bldgs here don't allow you to keep pets, i am living in Happy Valley and most of the bldgs allow you to keep pets and most of the people in this area have doggies, wish you and your doggies have a safe trip to HK :)

cheeky 14 yrs ago
We'll probably be in pokfulam - how can you find out which buildings are pet-friendly?

joe317 14 yrs ago
not sure if u are going to rent or buy a flat, you need to tell the agent that you have pets and asked them to look for a bldg which allows you to keep pets, once you target a flat, you should ask the security guard and the management office to reconfirm, for those bldgs which don't have security guard or mgmt office, then you don't need to worry cos people have no way to complain about your dog, it's hard to tell which bldgs are pet-friendly, but if there's more people on the same bldg who keep dogs, then is better

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad