DIY Dog and cat export

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by prone_to_wander 13 yrs ago
Hey all,

I am leaving HK and I'm looking to take my dog and cat back to Canada with me as excess baggage. The cost of the export agencies seems a bit steep as all I need in Canada is proof of the rabies vaccine. Has anyone else exported a pet by themselves? I've been to the AFCD website and I'm confused about the health certificate. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
deliran 13 yrs ago
I did this for my cats coming from Canada to Hong Kong. It was pretty straight-forward, all I needed to do was plan ahead of time. I filled out all the forms, found a vet that was able to issue the health certificate, then I remember a bunch of trips back and forth to the vet with my cats over the last month or two before I left before the vet could issue the certificate. I don't think this part is worth paying an export agency for. The challenge is the trip itself back to Canada - you'll want to try to make the flight as direct as possible as it's hard on the animals. Still, it was worth it - they've been with us for 8 years now in Hong Kong.

vw 13 yrs ago
contact www.petexportvet , the vet can do all the paper work required, no middle man required and no extra mark up in price from an agency as it is a direct export, they are members of IPATA so can make sure the move is efficient, and straight forward both ends of the journey.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad