Cat Advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Scooter10 13 yrs ago
Hi,

We are coming to live and work in HK in October, expecting to be situated in the New Territories. Have been looking in to bringing our family cat but have read some advice that suggests that as my cat is a very outdoor roaming cat then it would not be suitable due to snakes and wild dogs, is this case? How bad is the wild dog situation, can they be a problem for people?

Thanks in advance

Scooter10

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
deliran 13 yrs ago
We live in the NT and have cats, but don't let them roam outside freely. Not so much because they are necessarily in danger of 'wild dogs' (I haven't really seen any of those, but I have experienced dogs guarding their houses/property), but there are snakes, centipedes and other feral cats. If you know anything about approaching dogs, you won't have any problems with the dogs here - they are the same as any dogs anywhere else in the world. Be calm, don't run, pick up a rock and threaten to throw it if the dog is too aggressive, etc.

I would suggest transitioning your cat to being an indoor cat while living in HK. If you lived in a place with a high fence that your cat couldn't escape from, then maybe you could let it outside. This isn't possible where we live, so we only let the cats out on the roof and balconies.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad