How much would you pay to save your sick pet?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ed 12 yrs ago
BERLIN - Maxi is seven years old. If he were a person, not a cat, he would be a young-looking guy in his mid-40s. Thomas, a student in Hanover, adopted Maxi from an animal shelter, and loves Maxi so much that he found the money for a kidney transplant when his four-pawed pal would otherwise have died. The whole thing cost Thomas 15,000 euros [about $20,000], including the flight to the United States, where the operation took place.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/28/how-much-would-you-pay-to-save-your-sick-pet/?hpt=hp_mid

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bawlucks 12 yrs ago
i would pay all that i could afford without putting myself into financial problems.

life is about more than money.

ive heard of idiots spending thousands of dollars on coke, shoes, holidays etc.

dogs give you joy, bring your laughter and happiness out. They teach you lessons about life that you cant get from anywhere else.

I applaud THomas for his choice. i hope he enjoyed that trip to the states as well! :) good thing he had all those cheap fast food options on every corner to save a penny or two lol

exyogi 12 yrs ago

Here's something pet owners should keep in mind as the first course of action to expensive medical treatment .....

http://www.thepowerhour.com/news2/vitaminc_pets.htm

bawlucks 12 yrs ago
joey, it costs more than a dime to feed an animal, so im guessing all your pets die, if youve ever had one.

Have you ever had a pet dog?

Brooklynexpat 12 yrs ago
I would give everything and sell everything I have to save my dog. I love my dog very much.

@Joeydaze - One day when you're sick I hope someone says to you that you are not worth a dime.

Brooklynexpat 12 yrs ago
@dreamerseven20033 - They wouldn't sell their flat to save your life because they don't know you and to be honest you sound like you would not be worth saving.

Ringo23 12 yrs ago
Same way. You do whatever you can to help those you love.

How you going to help the ones you love when you give all your money to strangers? Idiot.

bawlucks 12 yrs ago
dreamerseven,

how the hell do you know what i do for the poor?!

your logic sucks

and you have the nerve to call people idiots...

btw, i said i would pay all that i could afford without putting myself into financial problems.

bawlucks 12 yrs ago
your logic sucks, cause you cant save everyone/everything in the world. that is not yours or my responsibility. but when you buy a pet, which i take as a very serious commitment, that is you commiting to taking care of that living thing. if i took a homeless person into my home, and loved him or her, i would make the same commitment. then your logic would make sense, unless you think you should help everyone in the world...

whether you deem a dog as worthy of that or not is up to you. i personally love dogs and truly appreciate what the dogs that i have had in the past have done for me and my family. if you cant understand that, so be it.

in my original point about the holidays, coke and shoes, i was trying to compare saving a dog that you love versus spending the cash on one luxurious or typical holiday. for me, saving the dog would be the choice i would make. would you rather have the holiday or the crack that you so clearly seem to be on?

bawlucks 12 yrs ago
oh jesus dreamer7203three (i like that better!! haha! im so funny....)

i never said that i would choose a dog over a human

im speaking of dogs, cause that is the pet mentioned in the article and that is the only pet ive had...

doubtful a hamster would cost as much as your coke habit...but a dog could come close...8^)

by your logic, what amount of money would be acceptable to give a pet??

if you buy food for the pet, couldnt that be better spent on a starving child in africa?

are you saying that only at a certain level it is stupid to spend money on a pet?

if so, do clarify... how much is too much?

sorry for getting all emotional!

bawlucks 12 yrs ago
what am i dealing with here, an eight year old?!

i answered your questions

i dont think dogs are more valued than humans

and i think when you own and live with a pet or a human, that takes priority over strangers

wasnt that clear?!

so, why dont you answer my questions???!!

ill ask them again....

by your logic, what amount of money would be acceptable to give a pet??

if you buy food for the pet, couldnt that be better spent on a starving child in africa?

are you saying that only at a certain level it is stupid to spend money on a pet?

if so, do clarify... how much is too much?

bawlucks 12 yrs ago
"you must have become like your dog and learnt not to let go of the bone.

listening to you makes me realize why the world is a mess, people care more about pets than people. "

and btw, you telling me that i dont care about people is absolutely ridiculous!!

i do loads of charity work for the poor and disabled and have been doing so, every week, for over five years now.

what do you do ???

Sapphire 12 yrs ago
Strikes me that a person willing to do what they can to save their dogs life (within reason and financial constraints), who is no doubt loved and part of their family, would be the kind of caring person who would also give generously to the poor/charities, unlike those who are selfish and would simply let the dog die and 'get another one' ... just my opinion of course .....

rob378 12 yrs ago
I would also do whatever i could to save my pet if he were only 7 years old. But the overcharging by Vets in some cases can be criminal.

Justin Credible (Part Deux) 12 yrs ago
I'm with rob on this, vet charges are insane. Color me ignorant, but is there such a thing as pet-surance? Can you get your pet insured? Not for if they die, but if they get sick...?

hottrade74 12 yrs ago
Justin...short answer: Yes there is insurance for pets....

http://www.spca.org.hk/eng/news/showDetail.asp?id=949

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad