Dog on CX

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by littlebean 12 yrs ago
Hi Anyone has experience on moving your dog from overseas to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific recently?

I'm bringing my puppy to Hong Kong from Tokyo, and the agent told me that Cathay may not be the best airline in terms of dealing pet transfer.

The agent didn't explain in details as to why they say so, but just said "they do not like to deal with animals especially transit involves" but we are flying him directly from Tokyo to Hong Kong, no transit.

If anyone out here has done this on CX, could you please share your experience both good/bad things on CX.

Thank you so much

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
dogdoc 12 yrs ago
Hi, I am a veterinarian here in Hk and specialize in the import and export of pets. CX is an extremely experienced airline with respect to shipping pets and I commonly use them. They do however have quite a long list of restricted breeds for example brachycephalic dogs and cats (snub nosed). I would have no hesitation in recomending CX for the transport of your pet. Japan is considered a group one country which means it is a relatively straight forward process to import from there. When choosing an agent make sure that they are an IPATA member which guarantees a professional pet shipping experience. pm me for my website if you would like any further information.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad