no dog charity wants my donation?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkasiaxpat 12 yrs ago
I have a really good medium sized dog crate (airline approved) ABSOLUTELY FULL of blankets, extra food, extra heartgard, extra frontline, jackets, bowls, collars, grooming gear and yet.......no dog charity wants it. Why?

I have emailed and texted HK Dog Rescue, HK Puppy Rescue, Lamma Animal League (or their new name).

They all either ignored me or said I live too far away (Tung Chung) and they can't be bothered to come out to collect the donation.

I find it astounding. Back in Australia, there would be people from charities leaping over each other to collect goods.

So.......if you know of a registered animal / dog charity in Hong Kong, who will come out and collect a donation from me, please let me know of it.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Click Click 12 yrs ago
Hey Cara, how about you go and look up the word " Charity " in the Dictionary, then try and find charity in your heart. As you have a clear understanding of just how stretched out all these charities are and the limited help and funds they have. Afer all you are running a biz here, oh here's a flash for you as you are soooooooooooooooo keen to jump in and run and pick up these items that have been offered to a CHARITY !! How about you pick up this stuff and drop them off at the closest CHARITY GROUP. Then everyone is happy as the person posting wanted these items to go to a CHARITY. Good luck finding charity in your heart.

Click Click 12 yrs ago
Don't you worry dear Cara I DO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH !!

It's all arranged the items will be picked up and a good charity will be receiving these much needed items. HHMMM funny you never mention in your 1st reply that " Oh by the way I will be picking the items up and dropping them off for a CHARITY " Good try. " I'm sure WE could use it " hhhmmm never heard of a CHARITY called " We " !!!!

Click Click 12 yrs ago
yes,correct a good charity gets the goods.

oh and i'm a jerk coz you were caught out hhmm yerrr deflect all you like.

hkasiaxpat 12 yrs ago
Goodness Click Click. You're a nasty piece of work. In fact, the items aren't being picked by you or anyone you recommend. How presumptuous of you to say so. You filled my inbox with messages and posted vitriolic attacks here in this thread. Hardly charitable. Because of your nasty streak, I have no interest in giving this donation to you at all. It's my decision to whom and where I give this donation, and your nastiness has made my decision easy. Thank you.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad