Seeking Dog Boarding / Training

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jackiedouglas 12 yrs ago
Hello,

We fostered a puppy at 3 months old for two weeks; he was taken by another family to foster and handed back two weeks later. I don't know what happened but he suddenly became quite aggressive with dogs and sometimes people if they scared him. He is a sweet pup and fit into my house with 2 children and 3 dogs so well. I work full time and I am the dog lover of the family so we couldn't keep him and try to rehabilitate him because I am not there enough.

I am looking for a fellow dog lover that could dedicate 1-2 months of boarding / training (and earn some extra money) to help him get back on track. He is in a training facility in NT now, but living in a small kennel 23 hours per day and that breaks my heart.

We have seen improvement since he started the training in the dog kennel, but he needs training and postive reinforcement in a "real life" environment so we can get him re-homed.

Please SMS me if interested to discuss - 6508-6784

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Devon 12 yrs ago
What breed is he? Is he about 4 months old now? The trouble with training him is that the likelihood of him going to a home where the maid is the sole dog walker or whatever, all the training could be undone due to the maid talking on the phone when out with the pup and not paying attention. I see it constantly, dogs basically left to their own devices or getting dragged around on the leash for 5 minutes then back into the apartment. How will you make sure the training will be ongoing once the pup is rehomed? Training is important throughout the dog's life, not just for the first few months, but up to 16 weeks of age is the most important stage in a dog's life as far as getting him used to everyday surroundings.

jackiedouglas 12 yrs ago
He is a HK mix and estimated to be about 5 months now. We can do our best to get him into a good home. Are you able to help us?

Devon 12 yrs ago
Sorry, I'm off on a business trip soon and will be away for quite a while.

r+trainer 12 yrs ago
Do you still need a trainer for your dog? I am a positive reinforcement dog trainer and could possibly take him into my home for daily training. Sorry I didn't see this before now.

As Devon so rightly said, training should continue when he is rehomed, but the chance of rehoming would increase with further training.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad