dog friendly accomodation

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cowleyp 15 yrs ago
Hi, I am having my home re-moddeled and am looking for temprary 2 bed accomodation maybe service appt for about 3 months, any suggestions or recommendations please?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 15 yrs ago
Your best bet is to complete the form at the top of this page and indicate you have a dog http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/property/serviced.asp

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
I'm writing a dog guide to HK as a charity fundraising project and I've done research into serviced apts that take pets. I've sent you a PM with the results.

cowleyp 15 yrs ago
Very much appreciated, thankyou. Phil

djswazi 15 yrs ago
pumkin girl may I have a list of them too, I would like to move to a serviced appartment aswell. all the ones I have contacted dont allow pets, not even a cat.

Thanks

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
Sent you a list by PM

STK 15 yrs ago
HI Pumpkin Girl, do you know then the guide will be out? Many thanks

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
Hi STK

It should be out early November, we are just getting the layout and printing done. Will try to post on here when it's ready but Ed will probably remove the post for being "commercial" (even though the aim is to raise money for charity)

momi 15 yrs ago
hi pumpkin girl, May i have a list too? thanks.

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
If anyone else would like info about pet friendly hotels and serviced apartments, and everything else you and your pooch need to know about being a dog in HK, the guide will be out in early November. You can now preorder at www.woofguides.com

Click Click 15 yrs ago
Dear Pumpkin Girl, I can see you are replying to many of these postings and pluging your own doggie guide book. But when you say ( the aim is to raise money for charity ) then I think it's fair to ask which charities this money will go to ? Plus when you are talking money then are you talking net or gross regarding donations to charities ? As you are using this angle to promote your guide book then I think you should lay your cards on the table at this time.

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
Hi Click Click

Good question and very happy to clarify. Net proceeds wil go to animal welfare organisations. I am not making ANY money myself - my husband and I both have full time jobs, this is not our source of income. But we do need to cover the costs of design, printing and advertising that we've incurred (with full VFM process followed to ensure we got best rates). We will be selling in 3 ways:

- Direct through animal welfare orgs - they buy at cost from us and sell on, directly keeping the profit (approx 400% return)

- Direct from our website - once cost price and p&p costs deducted, the net profit will go to the orgs we support (approx 80% of cover price)

- Through retail outlets - they take commission - varies from outlet to outlet - then rest goes back to us to donate as above

All stockists will be listed on our website once they have stocks of the guide - no point in putting them on yet as it will lead to disappointment. We will also post updates of how much money has been raised and where it has gone.

I hope that puts your mind at rest. I am a dog owner (all rescues) and dog lover and want to share the knowledge that I have accumulated with the rest of you, while at the same time helping to raise money to save more lovely dogs. I would have loved to have been able to buy a book like this when I first got a dog in HK - it didn't exist so I had to write it myself!

Click Click 15 yrs ago
To P.G, Hmm your reply raises more questions than answers for me.

Don't get me wrong I think a dog guide book is much needed in this town,but I still don't understand your costs when you have charged all the companies / pet shops / vet clinics etc etc to place their ad in your guide book.

Just as HK MAG / BC works therefore your guide book should be made avalible for FREE to the public.

I remember last year you sent out to all animal lovers asking for favorite dog walks / dog friendly beaches / etc etc etc so as the public sent in all this info this guide book belongs to the people.

The costs have already been paid by all the ads you have in place !

I can not understand why you have got involved with " retail outlets - they take commission - varies from outlet to outlet " WHERE IS THE CHARITY IN THEIR HEARTS ?

Pumpkin Girl 15 yrs ago
Hi Click Click

You've misunderstood the concept of the guide. It's independent and does not contain ads. No company has paid to appear in the guide. Sorry that you had this impression, I don't know where you got that from because we have never suggested that.

Unfortunately we got virtually no response from the request for asiaxpat dog owners to share their tips with us. So, I have to assume you guys out there don't know much - in which case this guide is a much needed resource. Most of the information came either from dog owners we know personally, or from my own research.

I'm not sure where the charity in your heart is because you seem very synical about the intentions of what we have done. As for retail outlets taking commission, as you will appreciate businesses of all kinds get a lot of requests to do things for free for charity. They simply can't do this to the extent that they might like to. We have to weigh up giving them x% and having y% for the charities, against giving them 0% and 0% being raised that way for charities.

If you PM me your address there will be a FREE copy of the guide in the post to you and you can judge it for yourself. If you like it, please send a donation of your choice to the charity of your choice. If you don't like it, please send it back (I'll even send you a postage paid envelope to make this super easy for you).

I'm sorry that this initiative and all the hundreds of hours we have spent on it, for the benefit of HK dog owners and animal welfare organisations, has raised such doubts in your mind.

curt&sam 15 yrs ago
Dear "Pumpkin Girl" and "Click Click"

I think what you have done is amazing and awesome! Good for you for all the work you have done to help people out like me and donate funds to dog rescues as well!! Thats AWESOME!!! Click Click, what are you jealous or something you didn't think about it first! Whats your issue, she obviously put a lot of time and effort into what she has created and that fact is that she doesn't need to give ANY money to charity and yet she is out of the goodness of her heart! Please don't start persecuting her for it because she is doing a great thing!! A donation or $100 is really nothing but can make a difference when part of that donation is given to rescues! Hooray for you Pumpkin Girl!!

STK 15 yrs ago
Well said curt&sam!! I completely agree

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad