Puppy

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ATS 13 yrs ago
My husband and I are looking to get a puppy- toy poodle. Any recommendations on where to get a 1 or 2 month old dog?

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ABSN 13 yrs ago
Try the SPCA or HKDR, it's not right to get a 1 month or 2 month old puppy as they shouldn't be separated from their mother and their siblings at such a young age. You might see signs of depression or aggression when they grow up. I would recommend getting a 6-9 month old puppy from a shelter. Don't buy dogs from pet stores as they often are drugged, have distemper or have other diseases.

ATS 13 yrs ago
Thank you. What happens with the dogs at the dog store that are not bought?

ATS 13 yrs ago
That is soooo sad :(

Are there breeders in Hong Kong?

ABSN 13 yrs ago
Not many reputable ones

joe317 13 yrs ago
Most of the breeders in HK are not reliable, you bought a teacup and she turns out a toy, you got a toy and at the end, she's a miniature, a lot of poodles here (include both from breeders or from pet shops) got ill when they are young from their parents, e.g. heart / patella / liver / eye ... issues, some are even not pure breed, i got a few friends, their poodles have heart, liver and eye problems when they are still very young, so sad, i have five poodles, two from Thailand about 9 years ago, and the other three from US, they both are very health, import a pet from US is not that hard, but you need to spend some time to find a reliable breeder

dingoberry 13 yrs ago
Pet shop's pet are not healthy.

They are left in a bad condition. The ones at the pet farms.

HK pet industry are very bad.

I suggest you get the pet from HKDR / SPCA.

Cheers,

Toffles 13 yrs ago
http://www.spca.org.hk/eng/adopt/homing.asp

There are several poodles currently available from SPCA and HKDR.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad