advice on shipping a dog to U.S.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Rander Liu 12 yrs ago
I'll be moving back to Texas in about a month, I have a 7 years old beagle will be moving with us. Any advice

or instruction on how to do that? What need to be done?

Thank you!!

Liu

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Rander Liu 12 yrs ago
Cara,

Thanks for your help, would you know the phone# or email address for George @ International Pet Travel?

Thank you!

Liu

Graham/Scotland 12 yrs ago
I have just shipped my Dog from Hong Kong to Scotland this week. I contacted several companies (including the above) months beforehand and found that several companies lacked accurate information (which I found very alarming considering I was entrusting something so important/special to them).

I contacted Angela at Aeropets who was fantastic. She really new all the procedures involved in the process (which I cannot emphasize enough how important this is) and really cares for your pet too.

I cannot give Angela enough praise for her services and will be eternally grateful to her.

I have just shipped my Dog from Hong Kong to Scotland this week. I contacted several companies (including the above) months beforehand and found that several companies lacked accurate information (which I found very alarming considering I was entrusting something so important/special to them).

I contacted Angela at Aeropets who was fantastic. She really new all the procedures involved in the process (which I cannot emphasize enough how important this is) and really cares for your pet too.

I cannot give Angela enough praise for her services and will be eternally grateful to her.

Rander Liu 12 yrs ago
Graham,

Thank you for the info. What kind of questions should I ask them when I shop for the right company?

Thanks, Rander

vw 12 yrs ago
Have a look at www.petexportvet.com member of IPATA and a very experienced vet in animal relocation.

Rander Liu 12 yrs ago
Thanks for everyone that provide very helpful info about relocating my dog.

Graham, how much did it cost to ship your pet back to Scotland?

Thanks,

Rander

sweets 12 yrs ago
Hi I shipped 2 dogs to the US in the past. Key is they travel as excess baggage to USA Not as expensive as flying them back here I found, as they travel cargo. My vet helped and I called Ag and fish and did the forms. Time frame and vacinations are the key!

Cara, 

That may well be your experience, I can only comment on the experience I had. 

Prior to contacting any company, I did much research through the various organizations involved with the process as I wanted to make sure I was going to deal with a company I had 100% faith in (considering what I was entrusting them with). 

I am well aware that George comes from Manchester (though that was of  no relevance to me). What I was looking for, was someone who new their job inside out. I found out to my dismay, that I actually knew more accurate & precise information (again from putting in the time & effort) than certain companies did. I found myself actually having to tell these people about new procedures/processes & who to contact to verify this (not something I'd expect to be doing with a professional company). On contacting Angela at Aeropets, I found her to be very much up to speed and know her stuff which I found very reassuring.

Collecting my dog at Heathrow (Healthy & Happy) confirmed I'd made a good choice.

Rander Liu

The costs will vary depending on may thing, what route you are taking & so on however, cost was not my priority, the safe arrival of my dog was. 

What I'd suggest is, search all the relevant websites (the Government bodies which deal with such transportation, the carrier and the handling agent). Once you have gathered all the information you need, then contact several agents in Hong Kong and ask many question regarding the process (which is just what I did) then I eliminated certain ones based on the answers I was given. 

Good Luck

Rander Liu 12 yrs ago
Can anyone provide me with email address or phone number for Angela at Aeropets.

Thank you!

Rander

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad