advice on traveling w/ 3 small dogs to Europe

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cppxoxo 12 yrs ago
(Please share your experiences :) )

I am moving to Europe and terrified about my dogs being on a flight for 12 hours.. all my dogs are small breeds and shake a lot when nervous. I checked that KLM allows small dogs in the cabin with me (one pet allowed per flight so I am already prepared to have 3 people fly on 3 separate flights to take them) .. They are not really used to being in a bag for that long either. I am afraid of flying them as checked baggage as I have heard stories where the dogs die when they get to the destination because of ventilation problems.

Any advice or suggestions at all would really be appreciated.

Also if I have all the documents prepared is it necessary to pay to get a pet relocation expert to be with us during the check in process at the airport etc or is it easy to do everything on our own?

thank you so much

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cppxoxo 12 yrs ago
Thanks for the reply cara.. I have already checked and spoken to KLM reservations They DO allow pets in cabin and actually alot of airlines do. Even so.. I am just asking for other experiences ..

Yes it sounds stupid that im so scared about it but they are my babies and i worry because dogs cant speak or tell us when they are scared or not feeling well etc.. We are talking about putting little dogs who r so fragile into an environment they have never ever been into for 13 hours straight .. Im sure u wouldnt leave your child in such an environment and not worry about it right? I maybe worrying too much i know.. But as mentioned its the first time i am doing this so i just wanted some reassurrance..

Funny enough i actually work for an airline so im always flying just never had to put my own dogs on a plane before... Its different when its your own

cppxoxo 12 yrs ago
Its ok that u didnt know bout it or first heard about it... Thats y i am asking for experiences from other people who have shipped their pets before... Not here to hear negative Things or ti ger judged or criticised... As ive said it is my first time and i hope to get reassurances and helpful advice. If there is none then thats fine too.. Thank you for taking the time to reply i will keep the things u mentioned in mind.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad