Pet Death and Cremation

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hyperhippo 12 yrs ago
We have an elderly cat and are wondering if anyone has any experience of pet cremations, funerals, body desposal etc in HK?

We are going to have to leave the cat with a sitter for a couple of weeks and are trying to find out some options in case she dies whilst we are overseas. We do not want to come back and find she has simply been 'disposed of'. We would like to be able to have her cremated and to keep the ashes.

Does anyone have any useful advice, experience or contacts?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 12 yrs ago
Our elderly pet cat died while we lived in HK, we were not allowed to bury her in our garden, as it is against HK rules. So when our cat died we took her body to the vets in a cardboard box, they arranged for her to be cremated, this needs to be done as soon as possible after the pet dies due to the heat in HK. Ask whoever is looking after your cat, that if she dies, they have to take her to the vet, and request that you want the ashes, you could let your vet know as well that this is your wishes. It is always sad to loose a well loved pet.

3jundo3 12 yrs ago
Goodbye Dear is the longest running cremation service for pets in Hong Kong. You can choose to cremate her with other pets or have her cremated alone and you get to have her ashes back. It is 1280 (other companies are more or less the same) for a single cremation where you can ask for them to print off a photo of the animal to stick on her urn. They usually ask you if you would like to be with the animal wen she is cremated though that would mean that you will need to schedule it and the ashes will take longer to be ready. There is usually also an option to make a dna necklace (not my thing but thought I'd throw it in there)

I've just lost my 15-year-old cat a few days ago and that's the company that I've gone to. The other companies will have other options like freezing the animal for a while until you are ready to spend some time saying goodbye before watching her being cremated, some offer prayer sessions etc. I am very simplistic and jsut want my cat home so I've opted for the single cremation and they will have her ashes ready in two weeks.

punchdrunk 12 yrs ago
I used peace Avenue Veterinary Clinic. they have a cremation center in Fanling and they did a nice job and cremated my pet alone. Do NOT cremate with other pets. I was able to have a 30 minute service and was able to watch her go into the cremation oven to make sure no mistakes or mix-ups were made. I waited about 1.5 hours and they gave me her remains in an earn and she is with me forever.

20471120 12 yrs ago
Please don't pick Goodbye Dear as this company is tricky.

They even forgot to bath my aunt's pug that's the service included in the fee!

These two have better reputation and my Shih Tzu's ash is kept at Pet Heaven's memory hall.

Pet Heaven

http://www.petsheaven.com.hk

Pet Memorial

http://www.petmemorial.com.hk

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad