Urgent: private home-boarding/dog-sitting required from August 19-24

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hweechie 13 yrs ago
Hi,

I'll be going away for 4 nights from this Saturday August 20.

Usually I'll have no issue at all sending my 7-year-old mini schnauzer Charlie off to her regular kennel.

She gets plenty of love there - she used to live there for months when she was previously abandoned there.

However, 2 weeks ago, when I was away for another short trip, I sent her off to the kennel as usual and she came back with a hacking cough. I brought her to my vet immediately, and she was diagnosed with the Kennel's Cough.

She's currently on a 14-day medication and her coughing has significantly reduced since.

Still there is a chance of infecting other dogs since it's an airborne virus.

As a result, my regular kennel is now currently closed.

I've already been rejected by a couple of boarding houses/kennels.

I don't have friends in HK (i'm an expat) who would be able to take care of my dog (work and space issues).

I'd like to urgently look for someone who has no dog (i don't want to risk infecting another dog with the cough) but has experience, and will be able to help look after Charlie for 4 nights.

Appreciate any and all help.

big thanks,

cheng

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
JoeInHk 13 yrs ago
Hi Cheng,

I needed someone to sit my two dogs a while back when I left HK, so I got Leah, a 14 year old. She's got a post somewhere in this pet owners forum. She's reliable and experienced. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a private sitter/walker.

Early this year I also used Mark from Wish you were here, you could try contacting him.

Good luck

Joe

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad