Which country to import a french bulldog puppy from?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Armadillo 12 yrs ago
Hello,

I am looking to get a pure breed french bulldog. I do not want to get a pound puppy, as I really want to make sure that it is healthy, and I dont want to promote the puppy farms here, so I am looking to get one from a breeder abroard.

So my question is which country would you recommend? My friends have tended to import from their home country, however, I dont mind, ie NZ, OZ, UK, USA, Candada etc. Whichever provides me with the healthiest and easiest puppy. Possibly airlines with easier rules etc would determine the country.

Any personal experiences, or knowledge of the transport costs etc would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
M E L 12 yrs ago
I'd just like to point out that rescue orginizations make sure their dogs and puppies are healthy. Most of the orgs take care of their rescued animals as a family would - regular socialization, human interaction, visits to the vet..etc.

The dogs and puppies wouldn't be put up for adoption if they weren't healthy.

tonggau 12 yrs ago
Which option do you think is better?

a) importing a dog from a breeder overseas with all the hassle and cost it entails, you will not see until it turns up on your doorstep and you have to rely on a breeder's assertions who you have never met that the dog is healthy. Why would you trust anyone who is only interested in your money?

b) taking on a dog locally from a rescue shelter whose health has already been scrutinised and who you can meet and assess before taking the decision.

I commend your decision to not support puppy farms and pet shops, but please consider what is available locally and don't assume rescue dogs are unhealthy - quite the opposite. If you go to a breeder overseas, chances are its source is puppy farms in any case. Why would you want to support that?

rebecca67 12 yrs ago
Easiest countries you can find here:

http://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/quarantine/qua_ie/qua_ie_ipab/qua_ie_ipab_idc/qua_ie_ipab_idc.html

I will bring a puppy from Europe(12/12?) but there is few problems: puppy has to be 5 months old.

In my breed it is very difficult to find anyone take care of the puppy 3 extra months.

When I moved from Europe 4 dogs moved with me.

Paperwork is not difficult, of course a little bit expensive.

If you want from the same country than me...contact me privatly, all dogs are under FCI.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad