dog park with fence?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by scottc 15 yrs ago
Our dog tends to run off easily. Anyone know of a dog park with a fence/wall anyplace in hong kong/kowloon or new territories?

I'm afraid if we take him on one of the nature walks he'll run into the jungle and get into trouble.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Goo 15 yrs ago
There's a dog park next to the ferry terminal in Wanchai, along the harbour. Very pretty and a bit of space. The entrance at the ferry side of the park is to the right of the ferry building as you face the water. There's a narrow doorway and you zig-zag through a walkway around the back of a building, I think, to the park. It's not too hard to find.

dasia 15 yrs ago
The dog 'walk' along the water in Wanchai is very nice but it is open at each end and LOTS of traffic on the raod outside the fence. If your dog gets away there and onto the road it would be dog heaven for him.

scottc 15 yrs ago
I will check it out the Wanchai dog walk and see if we can handle him there. My last dog decided one day after 5 years of housetraining to run down the stairs and into traffic so I want to be very careful, you never know what impulse pets can get.

alibullock 15 yrs ago
If you are worried then the dog park in Wanchai IS BAD!!!

There is no fence and so a dog can slip under or go to the end and run into the road. He won't make it 2 minutes outside the park so do be careful if your dog tends to run off.

Best bet - Head over to Lama for some walks on the beach!

scottc 15 yrs ago
I took a look at the wanchai/cwb ocean front walk yesterday. It is nice, with green grass for dogs, but it is quite open at both sides, a dog could run 100m or so and run out into the street. ok dogs that don't stray far.

I will take a look at the happy valley park.

Anyone know if victoria gardens at the peak has a fence?

Maybe taking the ferry to lamma only way my dog won't get into trouble unless he decides to swim.

alibullock 15 yrs ago
Lamma is good - Head for power station beach

Wiz Bang 15 yrs ago
the leisure dept. opened 5 new dog parks recently and one of them is in central.

couldn't find it on their website though

scottc 15 yrs ago
(1) Victoria Peak Garden in Central and Western District;

(2) Kowloon Tsai Park in Kowloon City District; (3) Yau Tsim Mong Pet Garden in Ferry Street, Yau Tsim Mong District; (4) Po Wing Road Sitting-out Area in North District (5) Cheung Wan Street Rest Garden in Kwai Tsing District; (6) Kwai Chung Castle Peak Road Sitting-out Area in Kwai Tsing District; (7) Jockey Club Hing Shing Road Playground in Kwai Tsing District; (8) Tsing Yu Street Garden in Kwai Tsing District; (9) Sham Tsz Street Playground in Tsuen Wan District; and (10) Sai Sha Road Temporary Pet Garden in Sha Tin District.

I saw this list of parks that allow dogs in a LCSD press release, only one on hk island. Not sure if any of them have a fence.. has anyone been to the Victoria Peak Garden?

curios 14 yrs ago
Any one know of good trails for dogs in Pokfulam area - done Mt Davis quite a bit, would be good to walk to Peak from there, but don't know how.

Pumpkin Girl 14 yrs ago
For walks in Pokfulam there is a good book called Above the City which you'll be able to find in most book shops. It doesn't tell you which are good for dogs but most of them are. You can find out how to get to the Peak from Pokfulam in that book.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad