Small wound on dog - Operate or not?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by WoutervG 7 yrs ago
Dear all,

My dog suffered a small cut. The vet tells me she needs to be operated. I have doubts. What do you think?

My dog suffered a small cut while running and playing with her sister. The cut is about 1cm wide and 3mm deep. There is hardly any bleeding, but you can see some tissue below the skin.

I took her to Southern Animal Clinic in Aberdeen where the vet told me that she needed an operation. He wants to open her up to check whether she might be bleeding at other locations under her skin. He told me that internal bleeding happens when dogs bite and then tear at each other's skin. Even though I am 100% sure this did not happen, he still wants to go through with the operation.

I am very hesitant to do this, because the anesthesia alone could kill my dog. What should I do?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 7 yrs ago
I'd get a second opinion from another vet - or at the very least give another vet a call and see what they think

https://stanleyvetcentre.com/?utm_source=hongkong.asiaxpat.com

londongrime 7 yrs ago
Try NPV (non profit vet) they always call it how it is unlike these private vets

Doggieluv16 7 yrs ago
Agreed, get a second opinion from another vet. Don't delay otherwise, the wound will get infected. How old is your dog ?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad