Are kindergartens really necessary to get a place in a primary school?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tomochka 7 yrs ago
Both my husband and I come from countries where children stay at home until the age of 5-6, when they start primary school. Kindergarten is only used as childcare, if both parents and grandparents are at work.

In Hong Kong we feel a lot of pressure to send our daughter to pre-school at the tender age of 1-2 years. Why? What would happen if we leave her at home until it's time to start primary school? Do any expats have experience with stay-at-home kids successfully entering primary school?

Child will have to go to a private school, as she speaks no Cantonese or Mandarin.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ashouldertocryon 6 yrs ago
Hello there, I am not sure if there is anybody in Hongkong who have suceeded putting their children in Primary school without attending kindergarten. But what I knew is that a primary schools will oblige you to take at least two years of kindergarten in their school, before you get admitted. I also agree with you that children at a very young age should enjoy their childhood! But due to so advanced technology, they need to be deprived of this. Because they will have a lot of things to catch up!
Good Luck !

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad