What do I do in this situation?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by HKM3 13 yrs ago
Did she have any real, recent experience with young children before you hired her? Did she interact with him at all during the interview process? Does she play with him nicely otherwise? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just trying to better understand the situation.

If you do go the firing route try Rent-A-Mum. It's not cheap, but the nannies we've had from there have all been very good.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
GemmaW 13 yrs ago
Before terminating, consider this, though.....

Many Chinese families prefer that the helpers force feed the kids instead of letting the kids go hungry if they refuse to eat.

I know this because whenever my daughter refuses to eat, I take her plate away. If her grandma sees this, her grandma tells me that I should not do that. I should continue feeding her until she "cleans" the plate, even if it means forcing her.

I think you could just tell her that if your son does not want to eat, you don't mind if she stops feeding him and offer it to him again later. I think she will be relieved to hear you say that. Forcing a child to eat is also quite stressful for the helper.

Sammy19 13 yrs ago
Hi there,

it may be too late - but I did come across a beautiful classified Ad in the latest edition of The List. A family has posted an ad recommending their Helper as they are leaving Hong Kong. It reads very lovely.

In case you need a new Helper.

hkwatcher 13 yrs ago
Tell her that under no conditions is she to force anything on your child (optimal word here is force) and put it into writing. That if you see that she has not listened to you, it will be grounds for immediate dismissal. But you must put it into writing!

Ask her where she ever thought that would be a way to handle a child who did not want to eat? What if they do not want to hold her hand on a busy street, what would she do then?

What if she asks them to stop suddenly so they will not fall down some stairs does she think the kid will obey her? What if they do not want to get dressed or have their nappies changed? Sheesh

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad