Taking our helper to the UK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Decade 10 yrs ago
We are relocating to the UK at the end of May. We would like to take our domestic helper with us for six months to help with the transition on domestic worker in a private household visa. Just wanted to check on this forum if you or any one you know who has done this? I went on to the gov.uk website and this states it is only possible to take the helper if the employers are going to be in the country temporarily i.e. who doesn't intend to remain in the UK for more than six months.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 10 yrs ago
Check with any of these companies http://www.hongkongmovingcompanies.com/

Susie1 10 yrs ago
Visa for a helper to work in UK, are getting much harder to get, as locals in UK can do the same job.

Also helpers have a bad reputation for 'disappearing' once they get into UK, so the government is already aware of this.As the government is trying to lower immigration levels to less than 100,000 per year, strict rules apply and are getting more difficult by the day, I don't think you will find it easy.

margaretdoyle 10 yrs ago
Oh come on sussie don't think of such negative...For sure the employer knows her helper much than to read ur negative advice ..We all knew that...All i can say is is more convenience if u process it by yourself without any agency or travel assistant aside of much easier u will expense less...U can process it here in hk..and apply for a sponsor visa on your helper and check if she eligible to apply a working visa...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad