Take helper to UK on a tourist visa?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by frazzler 15 yrs ago
I wanted to to take my new (less than 1 year) helper to the UK with me this summer. I cannot apply for a domestic helper visa as she has not been with me for long enough so i was considering taking her on a tourist visa.

Does anyone know if the consulate will grant them a tourist visa if they're travelling for a holiday rather than working?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 15 yrs ago
You can always try! You'll never know until you ask the helper to apply for the visa. Just write a very nice letter of support mentioning stuff like she will be travelling with you, she will be staying at your home, you will be taking care of her expenses, you are capable of supporting her, you promise to bring her back with you. Add things you think will convince the consulate/embassy that your helper is coming back to Hong Kong.

I think that the consulate/embassy staff will just try to make sure that the visa applicant is not going to run away and stay illegally. People from the Philippines (and other poor nations) has the notoriety of doing this, so it's more difficult for them to be granted tourist visas. But then again, many still are granted visas!

punter 15 yrs ago
Hopefully frazzler will be kind enough to update us with her experience and then everybody will be enlightened.

cd 15 yrs ago
Do you want to take your helper with you on holiday, or to live. If you're moving back there, then I think she has to have worked for you for a mim 1 year. if its holiday, then she should be able to go on a tourist visa I think.

Maesa 11 yrs ago
I am forign DH in hk ,i hv some question hope anyone here could give me answear or advice thanks!

I found employer from UK they would like to hire me directly from here and give me visa to the UK.

so my question is, could I just break my contract with my hk employer when I aleady get visa from UK and just leave hk to UK?....

or do i need to go for interewie to the UK consulate d/hk imigration during proses for waiting UK visa?

Susie1 11 yrs ago
Uk border Agency rules have changed drastically over the last 2 years. The chances of a Uk employer being able to sponser an FDH, would be pretty remote. Visa's are very difficult to obtain, even for spouses of a Uk national.

whunnoi 8 yrs ago
We just applied for a UK Visa for our Domestic Helper. Since 2 years ago, this process is done via an agency at Leighton Centre, Causeway Bay (15th flr). Nobody goes directly into the British Consulate at Admiralty to do these things any more.
Little did I know that I could choose the Visa Type under a Sub-type called Non-Points Based Visa for Domestic Helper from abroad.
One has to be so careful in filling in this form. Our 1st application failed because I filled in the wrong salary. I know the minimum UK salary (as of speaking) is 6.7 pounds per hour. We filled in this detail somewhere else in the form with backing letter from the employer (us). But somewhere they would ask you what is the salary of the DH and we filled in the HK one (333pounds per month). Big Mistake!! $5000 gone!! (HK$3600+ Visa fee for DH + $1365 Express service (within 3-5 days, if not normal is 12-15 working days of processing) )
We got rejected in the morning. I returned with a fresh application with everything printed out same day just before they closed. They close at 3pm. Walk-in charges another $300++.
Good luck!

asiaXdreamy 8 yrs ago
Just have to ensure no fraudulent information was declared for applying visa, especially when dealing for another person, employers usually have to UNDERTAKE the responsibilities for the helpers , same applies to many countries. I have clients engaged in lawsuits with Border Agencies with somethings went wrong, either on helper side or about the declaration.

With the influx for foreign nationals not welcomed by locals as benefit and welfare are affected in their home countries, many developed countries now impose stringent immigration and visa control for potential illegal refugees, prostitution, human trafficking, overstay workers.

The person who aided in the process would also be penalized seriously as compared with precedent cases.

Just a reminder.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad