Philippine Passport Renewal

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jassy67 14 yrs ago
My helpers passport expires in 3 months. She is going home for X-mas/New Years and said she can renew it there, but it may take 17 days or so. She is going home for 15 days. Said she may have to stay a fewra days there to get it. We need her back here to help with a move and stuff.

She said it takes too long (few months) and too expensive here in HK. I looked it up and it takes 20 days, and that is fine.

Can anyone tell me how long it actually takes in the PH and how long in HK?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
alexismith 14 yrs ago
She can pay extra to expedite the processing..She is right that it is more expensive in HK..

christine2005 14 yrs ago
it takes 20 working days in hongkong and takes 7 working days in philippines(the fastest) if only he goes to manila otherwise if he goes to another place takes 14 working days (the fastest)to process and its very expensive to stay in manila if his home is farther than manila.

jassy67 14 yrs ago
Thank you

mike204 14 yrs ago
Our helper renewed her passport in the philippines and had to extend her holiday because of the wait for her passport. She applied nov 4th and received her passport the 26th of november. Basically took 3 weeks or 16 working days. Hope this info helps.

jassy67 14 yrs ago
Wow, thanks mike204.

I think I will have her renew it in January here in HK. Unless she expedits it in PH. I can't have her away for that long this time.

mike204 14 yrs ago
No problem jassy. Additional info, our helper applied in manila.

jassy67 14 yrs ago
Thanks. Our would do it in Manila too

Wiz Bang 14 yrs ago
...not unless you know someone from the DFA or a travel agent with "close" ties with the DFA to expedite the process

mike204 14 yrs ago
Our helper complained about the long line ups but was told that for an additional Philippine pesos 300 fee, you would only have to go to the DFA one day for 10 minutes for an appearance and no line ups. You get old passport picked up and new one delivered. That's what she did.

jassy67 14 yrs ago
My helper is now in PH and tried to renew her passport like mike2004 said. It did'nt work.

The travel agent she went to today, for another matter, said she cannot leave the PH next week, because her Passport expires April 10, 2010. And that she needs 6 months validity. Is this true?

mike204 14 yrs ago
Hi jassy, this is the DFA hotline that our helper called for passport pickup and delivery for renewal. +632 7371000. No need for an agency. The interview will be over the phone and the next day your old passport for renewal will be picked up and in 2 days will receive an sms as to the appointment for appearance at the DFA.

alexismith 14 yrs ago
JASSY67, THAT;S NOT TRUE AT ALL, AS LONG AH HER VISA STILL VALID SHE CAN ALWAYS COME BACK TO HK,THE AGENT JUST WANT MONEY SPECIALLY IF YOUR DH LOOKS LIKE SHE DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING THE, THEY CAN EASILY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER..SHE CAN ALWAYS RENEW IN HK..

jassy67 14 yrs ago
mike204, Thanks have passed it on to my helper. She is going to do it tomorrow morning.

alexismith, thanks, have notified her of this as well. And to confirm it.

She is supposed to be back this Friday and we really need her here in HK.

jassy67 14 yrs ago
mike and alex, I advised my helper both of your suggestions. She sms'd me today and said she can't get a new passport in PH till January 15th.

Would it be HK or PH that say she cannot travel without 6 months validity on her passport?

Is there a number I can call here in HK to verify.

We REALLY REALLY need her noow. I have aslight physical disability, have a young child with many activities, husband who travels alot AND packing, due to our move overseas in 3 weeks.

alexismith 14 yrs ago
As long as her visa is still valid she can always travel i think.where did she get the idea that she cant travel if her passport is not 6 months valid eventhough her visa still valid? it happened to my son before he only have less than 5 months validity of his passport..if you are not sure then better call the Phil.Consulate..or HK Immigration..

mike204 14 yrs ago
Phil immigration requires that your passport be valid for at least 6 months.

lonley_boy 10 yrs ago
Y should u pay if it is their mistake they should do the amendment at no extra cost

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad