errands

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by HK>anything 12 yrs ago
Ok, if i send my helper to the post office to mail 4 letters at 3 in the afternoon and then to food shop(tomatoes, milk, eggs, yogurt, chicken and some salad)and at 6pm she is not back? Seriously, what am i? a fool? i have lived in HK for many years... buses are faster than taxis. The helper is only cooking some days as my husband travels and I eat out. The laundry takes days to return to us (wash and ironed) again, there is only my husband and I. I believe I need to have a sit down!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
FIFIB 12 yrs ago
Does she have a phone? Did you try to call her? Is she new to HK? Maybe she got lost.

Buses are not faster than taxis but I assume the reason you sent her buy bius is to save on the taxi.

Talk to her, in future tell her what is a reasonable time to go and comeback. If it is her trend just let her go.

I just hired a new helper less than a month ago, but I am going to let her go, her hair all over the place, even on the clothes that we just laundered.

I asked her to tight her hair on a bun style, she says she will but she doesn't. She was working for a Chinese family b4, so wrongly I assumed she would be alredy trained but no. I am teaching her who to wash dishes, how to clean the floor etc

I am doing all the cooking since hers sucks, she deep fries a burguer patty etc cannot take this any longer.

My former helper tried to teach her the cooking but she didn't learn a thing etc

Nettalk 12 yrs ago
How far is market that she took so long hour to buy few thing.

HK>anything 12 yrs ago
the market is not far.. i will curtail her going out since she is abusing this situation. will keep monitoring her, if she doesnt improve she is out... i dont have the patience to teach common sense... seriously playing hookie while you work is ok? Im paying for a service...they are not doing this for free or as a favor.

She has been in hK for 6 years... she is a mature mother of 3, she knows better. did not get lost, nor answered when i text. I mentioned that buses are faster than taxis because it is increasingly difficult to get a taxi at certain times buses have a schedule. thanks for the replies, just venting... i will replace her if this continues.

Thames 12 yrs ago
It does sound like she was taking a bit of a breather away from her domestic chores but to give her some benefit of doubt she could have been stuck in a queue in the post office if she had to line up to buy stamps or register your mail. After all, you did send her there when post offices are at their busiest - I've seen notices up in them warning to expect long processing times from 15.00 to closing time.

HK>anything 12 yrs ago
yes, i realize many things can delay a person... i am more patient ... just keeping perspective, thanks!

geraldyn 11 yrs ago
as a helper my self, good time management is very important. Doing those 2 things( drop mail and a little shopping) can not consume my 3hours. To be fair, there must be a good reason why on that particular day, your helper did not come back immediately. If it is her habit then that's a different story. Again, open and direct comunication is often the key step to solve the problem.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad