live out helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by lmconn31 11 yrs ago
i am being relocated by my company for 6 months and so leaving hongkong with my child this january and already stop the rental of our flat.. i dont want to terminate my helper but i cant bring her either, can i let her stay in a boarding house instead and wait for us till we come back? salary is still givin every month plus food allowance and boarding house rental

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 11 yrs ago
I think you will find it is illegal to let your helper stay in a boarding house, speak to someone at Imm and ask them what to do. Your helper could get up to all kinds of mischief in 6 months, when you are not around.

lmconn31 11 yrs ago
thank you very much guys.. i might just ask the immigration

or send her to the philippines and wait for me there, i will send her salary monthly, i think that will be legal, I trust my helper so much that i am dying to keep her, im 100% sure she will not do any mischief and i dont want to put her in a very risky situation either.

lagrue 11 yrs ago
I would suggest that you allow her to go back to the Phils, and give her half her salary per month, then when she comes back to you in 6 months time then give her the due balance ( 6 x half a month's salary) and whatever entitlements you plan to give her in a lump sum. Incentivise her properly to come back to you, I would not pay her out the way you have suggested as it is risky and may not guarantee the outcome you want. Good luck.

lmconn31 11 yrs ago
hi, but i think that would be unfair for her to just receive half the amount.. its not her fault that i was relocated.. its either i have to pay her regularly or let her find other employer which i will never to do so.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad