Camera at home

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cecileyi 11 yrs ago
Hi all,

I want to install a camera at home to watch the helper taking care of my son. Does anyone have one at home? Which brand is good? I am trying to get the type which connects to my iphone.

Thank you very much.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 11 yrs ago
You will get a camera to make sure the helper is doing her job? Why? Is it because you don't trust her?

punter 11 yrs ago
I understand why it's done. But can you imagine yourself being monitored that way too?

AngieC 11 yrs ago
punter. people post questions so they can get helpful advise and answers, not to get judged. If you don't have any constructive advice for cecileyi, you should start another topic and vent else where

punter 11 yrs ago
Thanks for the reminder Angie.

campervan 11 yrs ago
Thanks Angie for your tips about installing camera - getting a new helper and think it might help me to reduce some anxiety taking care of my kid.

dazzle09 11 yrs ago
It has long been justified the use of camera at home especially for monitoring your children's safety. Useful in a lot of ways and probably man's greatest invention for working parents. Cameras are everywhere, buildings, office, train stations, shop entrances, corners, turns, residential lifts where you can even watch on your own tv(!) If you have one at work, you usually don't mind. But if you actually live in your work almost six days a week, thats another story. Im not saying you shoud not install one, but please use it the way it should properly be.

Susie1 11 yrs ago
If you install cameras in any room of the house, EXCEPT the FDH's private bedroom and bathroom there should be no problems. Always inform any helper that you are doing this, just so you can watch your child's development etc from work, so that you will feel happier at work, make it clear that it is not to 'spy on her'. If she objects then she may be up to no good while your back is turned. Like Dazzle says camera's are everywhere outside, and nobody who is honest minds that.

hkwatcher 11 yrs ago
In HK, if you are working long hours, I think having a chance to see what is happening with your kid is more important than what the helper is doing around the house. What is wrong with that? It's not about trust, it's about connection with the family.

maxis 11 yrs ago
Yeah, well, I wouldnt do it. It's a bit sick.

Also, you start to obsess and look at it all the time when you are at work....I see this all the time.

I get ragged off at how much time our staff spend watching their nannies and sbowing their friends and colleagues, and all that stupid facebook they do all the time. We blocked it o theor computers during work hours but they all have their iphones anyhow.

I strongly believe:

1. You go to work and are paid to, so work without self induced distractions

2. If you got so.much time to watch your nanny all day when at work why dodnt you just stsy home and watch her live

3. Although you may have cameras in our offices, you supervisor isnt watching you with it randomly throughout the day, it is for security purposes NOT performance monitoring.

4. If you dont trust her without the camera for rsndom spot checks, dont employ her

5. Treat others how you would like to be treated. Yeah cliche but a good policy

souffleQueen 11 yrs ago
Two thumbs up, Maxis. Especially on number 1.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad