Change status if Philippine divorce at HK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Marizasoroten 11 yrs ago
Hello to every one

Just call me Elaine

I am having difficult situation here because I am divorce HK but am Philippine citizen,I don't know how can I change status name,anybody know how to do it please help me give me kindly advice what is best to do

Thank

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkwatcher 11 yrs ago
There a several things that will affect your standing.

Do you have children with your ex?

What kind of visa do you have now?

If you want to know for sure, you ought to go to immigration and ask for their rules and reg regarding a marital status change for a foriegner.

Did you originally come to HK as a DH on a DH visa? Was that changed when you became married?

Marizasoroten 11 yrs ago
Hi,thank you so much to your kindly reply

Actaully i went into philippine consulate this afternoon ,they said i can use my divorce to remarry again but they dont accept my divorce paper to change status,because even i am divorce here at hongkong in thenphilippine is considered as still married,i hired from some people they said if i go in the other country i still can use my married name,its was change my status if i am married

But my problem is it is mt divrce paper here hoongkong valid also at uk?

Hope you can still reply for me

punter 11 yrs ago
I would think that the divorce papers granted here in HK will be recognized in UK too. It's seems that it's only in the Philippines that it will not be recognized.

You can try getting married here in HK by presenting your Philippine passport (where it says you are married) plus the divorce papers you got here in HK. If it works, then maybe you can post it here so that others in the same situation as you are may be informed.

Marizasoroten 11 yrs ago
Yap its sucks,i been alots of suffering to my ex ,we had one kid and philippine goverment seems needs alots of money to do thr annullement thats why i did divorce here as not really expensive and not too long process ,i can remarry here hongkong even us or uk outside in the philippine only ,

Take note if you had paper outside philipoine law,you can remarry but not in philippine

Do you think if i use my passport with my married name,is valid in uk as fiance visa i dont know if is work ?Hopefully it will work we love eachothet this is only way so that were not leave apart all the time

hkwatcher 11 yrs ago
Yes, it is my understanding that divorce is illegal in Phil unless you have an expensive annulment through the Catholic church. You will have problems only if you return to Phil as a remarried woman, as they will consider you to be married to 2 men at the same time. Other countries will not, but in the end you will always be a Philippine citizen right? So what about when you are old and apply for Phil social services or whatever? Are you going to make a mess for yourself down the road, but especially for your child.

Marizasoroten 11 yrs ago
Hopefully its working everthing about that when im working in philippine i got phil health i use to put money every month but i never use,i got also sss but thats my single name im going to make self as mess?ofcourse not still i have a skills to find a money,i will earn a money as soon as i can ,as nobody help me apart from my family goverment in the philippines unless you have power you can do anything,about my daughter i will enything so that she can have nice life in the future

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad