Moving to Switzerland, I would like to bring my helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ona 11 yrs ago
Hi all, we have been in HK for over 10 years and it is time to move. We are moving to Switzerland this Summer. Our helper is an amazing woman and she is very good with our kids. I wonder, since me and my husband will be working there, if it is possible to arrange the paper work and ask her if she would like to come with us. Is that possible? I assume min. salary will be much higher than here (even though we don't pay her the min anyway) anybody has some tips of what to do, or even if this is an option for us? Thank you so much for your inputs!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 11 yrs ago
Check with the relo experts at these companies

http://www.hongkongmovingcompanies.com/

cookie09 11 yrs ago
pretty much impossible to get a working visa for countries outside the EU - even for qualified resources. for a helper, start to look for alternatives.

costs for a "helper" in switzerland range in the area of 3-5000 CHF (24-40k HKD) per month. and these are people who work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Susie1 11 yrs ago
Also impossible to take a helper to any EU country, as if a national of any EU country can do the same job, they will get preference, they don't encourage imported labour.

Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
If your helper is below 26 years old

You can get her as your aupair when your back in Switzerland.

Check www.aupairswitzerland.com

Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
If your helper is below 26 years old

You can get her as your aupair when your back in Switzerland.

Check www.aupairswitzerland.com

Mark Hayden 11 yrs ago
If it doesn't work out getting into Switzerland I know some people in need of a good helper...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad