Early release or not

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by elgoh 11 yrs ago
We have been thinking to hire a helper since we are planning to have a second baby soon. The problem is that my husband's company might relocate him to Singapore within these 2 years, and seems like all helper contracts are for at least 2 years.

I guess I could just hire anyway, and then do an early release and perhaps even recommend her to another employer (if she's good). Any idea how helpers would feel about this early release thing? Is there any con involved for her, or for us if that happens?

Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
rakedavids 11 yrs ago
obviously when hiring don't mention this to the helper...

just hire and when you're about to relocate, write a good reference letter (if she's good) to ease your fragile conscience....

dazzle09 11 yrs ago
Most helper actually prefer if you would terminate due to relocation because they can wait for their next working visa in hk, like those who finished their contracts, which most employers prefer. Although some who prefer to have stable long term jobs would have second thoughts. Letting her know gives her the chance to plan ahead and you wouldn't feel guilty leaving her in hk with no job.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad