Visa Processing for DH

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by vivhunter 11 yrs ago
Hi,

I am looking to hire a DH from an existing friend who is returing to home country. any expert who can tell me if I can process visa for DH on my own?

Is it a matter of filling a form which I can get from Immgration dept and submit with documents required ?

Or should I go via Agency who charge 2000+ for just to process the same thing.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
Go to immigration and get the contract that you and the helper will sign then ask the other requirements needed to apply for the visa.

It will be better if she will wait her for her new visa then go home to Philippines after that.

If she will wait in the Philippines for the visa, it will take longer.

You will only spend less than 1000 when you or the helper process for the visa

Sapphire 11 yrs ago
We hired our helper from a friend who was leaving HK for good. Our helper went along to immigration to collect the necessary forms to be completed by us and herself. She then went to the Philippine Consulate to pay the necessary fee for the visa (paid by us). There was no need for an agent and it was all processed very smoothly (took about 1 month). We started the process before the date of her final termination, due to her employer leaving (she was mid contract). Immigration agreed for her to defer her leave as long as she took leave during the first 12 months of being employed by us. This meant that she was able to come straight to us after leaving her employment with our friends.

louisa2010 11 yrs ago
Sapphire, I have similar situation as you that I want to hire a helper from my friend leaving HK for good. Last day of helper with my friend is 1 August. How early I can submit application forms to immigration and consulate ? Can I do it now or I have to wait till 1 August to process and wait for few weeks to get it done? I am expecting a second son and hope the helper can report duty soonest. Many thanks!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad