Bringing Helper with me

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Shana02 11 yrs ago
hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie on here having just found out I'm moving to Hong in a few mobnths.

My question is about my Filipino Helper here in Singapore. She is fabulous and I'd really like to being her with us to Hong Kong (assuming she wants to come, of course!). I wonder if anyone knows if this is do-able or not. Do you know of a good agency that can do all the paperwork, or is it easy enough for me to do it myself (form Singapore).

We'd also like her to be live-out if possible, although I see the rules in Hong Kong state that she will have to live in. Is this actually enforced, though? If not, how do people arrange for live-out accomodation etc?

Thanks in advance if you're able to help,

Shana

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 11 yrs ago
btw your helper should like to move to HK: she is closer to the PH and has more rights. in fact there is no death penalty here (which my helper quoted as why she would refuse to move to SG since some helpers have apparently faced the death penalty when mis-dealing with kids)

Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
Since your not yet in hk,

You guys can come here with your helper on a tourist visa. Sign a contract and she'll exit from hk and wait for the working visa.

Right now I'm not sure if you can apply for her working visa here sinve you are not yet here.

Susie1 11 yrs ago
Hi Shana02,

You do have to be living at a HK address, before you can apply for your helper, so the process of her coming to work for you may take a little longer.

Shana02 11 yrs ago
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your help. Sounds like I'll need to wait until I get an address - that's OK - she can have a longer holiday.

Thanks again,

Shana

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad