Chances of employment for a overstayed helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by danna 11 yrs ago
I am interested to hire a helper who is now staying in the Phils. A couple of yrs ago she was detained/jailed due to overstaying (few days of overstaying). I want her to work for me but wanted to make sure we will have a high chance to be approved. Has anyone done this? Do you know of any agency who can handle this?

I wanted her to come to hkg as tourist first but she said she might be denied due to her overstayed record a couple of yrs ago.

Thanks for any help or advise.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 11 yrs ago
Instead, try to get a recommended helper from an expat leaving HK, at least you will be able to speak to her employers 'face to face' before they leave, if their helper has been a good and honest one they will be happy to find her a new employer.

Employing somebody who has already broken the law, by over staying and being jailed, is not a good idea, she might also be dishonest and be trouble in the future.

Ed 11 yrs ago
There many helpers with employer references here http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/helpers/

hkwatcher 11 yrs ago
The chances of this girl getting a visa from Immigration are zero. She is in their database. If she served time in jail for overstaying she will never get a visa....ever.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad