married DH

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by gregdb 11 yrs ago
I hired my Filipino GF as my DH. We got married a month ago. Now I'm doing the paperwork for her hK dependent visa. What do I do? I was told by someone to say that we fell in love after I hired her. Should I be honest on the dependent visa paperwork? Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mosman 11 yrs ago
they never asked me any questions.......whats the problem? Just apply and have done!

gregdb 11 yrs ago
They sent us a list of supporting documents we needed to submit (financial receipts and standard stuff) and the final item was asking for a written description of our relationship from both of us. I called and the immigration officer seemed nonchalant about it and said something like "how you met" but, of course, I'm freaking out a bit. This was all listed on the form we got from immigration and it specifically said an in-person interview was NOT needed at this time. We can send the stuff in by fax or mail.

punter 11 yrs ago
Just be honest. You committed no crime when you hired her as FDH, you committed no crime when you married her. You're legally married in HK, the gov't has no valid reason to deny your being together.

I hope things turn out well for you...

gregdb 11 yrs ago
Thank you. I appreciate that. That's the way I see it but the agent I used when I hired her said to say the opposite (of course, she figured out that we were a couple as soon as I applied). Cheers.

gregdb 11 yrs ago
Thank you. I am a bit nervous about it, frankly. But really there's no law that says you can't hire your GF as a DH. Hiring her proves that I can support her. I think I will stress in the paperwork that we are planning to move back to America in the next year. She doesn't need the dependent visa here except to make it easier when she goes home later this year.

lacmacajc 11 yrs ago
There's nothing wrong about it. Just provide all the required documents and the officer not gonna asked where did u meet . They just asked you to provide photo of both of you together like during vacation, eating outside etc.

mosman 11 yrs ago
Just remembered something. When we went to immigration they told us to bring all the photos we could find of our relationship. When we got there, they taped them to a A4 piece of paper and told us to photocopy them and bring it back with all the names of her family labeled. One pic we had was all her family on a picnic with me in the middle holding a baby! My wife and I sat in the corner and labeled each one. I couldn't remember all the names but it didn't matter cuss no one was standing over us. Then we took it back to the counter and they asked me where we were, who is this and what relationship to me........then they said okay approved! Easy!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad