Conflicting Information

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by afr76 11 yrs ago
We have been living in the Philippines and have moved to HK and wish to bring our helper over now that we have proof of residence and an address etc etc. I have contacted a few agencies about helping with Direct hiring but I am coming across hugely different information on cost and how long it takes. Does anyone have any isight into exactly how long it might take (I have had between 3 weeks and 3 months) and is it worth it to pay more for a better service? Many include the air ticket in the cost but I would rather send her the money for that myself as she would rather fly from Clark than Manila and Clark is MUCH cheaper and closer to her province. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated! A

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 11 yrs ago
There's no direct hiring (meaning you can't process everything by yourself), you need to hire an agency to do this for you. Above 4k seems to be too much (which includes the 1-way airfare).

Processing times differ due to things like document gathering, passport processing (if the helper has no passport yet), medical examinations, fdh traning in the Philippines, etc. - but for new helpers from the Philippines it's going to be longer. Those that have been to HK as fdh before seems to have a shorter processing time.

cookie09 11 yrs ago
try Emry's in world wide house as a baseline. their package for a "direct hire" is around 3600 + training/insurance if she has never been to hk.

maybe you can exclude the flight if you negotiate with them.

i am sure there are better agencies out there, but Emry's gives you a good baseline to measure against.

WWcC 11 yrs ago
6 weeks should be max for processing with Immigration but depends how long before that is required to get docs together etc.

I have just done an application for a FDH and HKD3,500 seems the average agent price which should include a medical. You may tell the agent you dont want to include the ticket and do that yourself.

afr76 11 yrs ago
Thanks all!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad