Hiring a Break contract FDH

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by leedseagle 11 yrs ago
Hi,

I'm a first time hire of FDH so need some advice.

We like a Philipino FDH who is unhappy with her current employer. We are happy to take her on (she will NEED to break her contract).

Questions:

- can we arrange paperwork ourselves or do we need an agent?

- can we apply during her 4 week notice (to speed up hire process)

- how long will it take (to hire her?)

- will she need to exit/how long for?

- can she exit in Macau?

- what is the process?

Sorry so many Qu-- totally new to this!!

Any advise appreciated!! Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
marilag 11 yrs ago
Hello,

No you can't process the papers by yourself nor the helper. you need the agency to process the paper .

Both parties can sign the contract even the helper in one month notice

after one month notice the helper still have 14 days visa

the helper need to exit Hongkong while she is waiting her visa , she can exit in Macau if she want

the minimum is 4-6 weeks , but you can request to the immigration for early release of visa if you really need the helper asap.

You can check all the paper you'll be needed to submit to the immigration when you sign the contract, at the back page of the contract..

hope this advice can help you..good luck

clara08 11 yrs ago
hi beware also to those who breaks their contracts. my nanny does it to me with less than a year. We hire her directly from philippines to expedite the process but we didn't know her really. She causes headache to us. We don't have choice but to let her go. We can't fire her because we don't have someone to look over to our 3 y.o. child Instead we talked to her to wait for her replacement.

She have experienced abroad and she knows well she can break anytime if she did not like her employer. she have done nasty things to us. we have no choice but to remind her not to do it again. I may sound bitter but just a bit of advice.

punter 11 yrs ago
Why clara, how did you treat your helper that she didn't like you?

gumjill 11 yrs ago
helpers will never decide to break contract and find another employer if there is nothing wrong in her present workplace. I am a domestic helper too, and i know lots of consequences that will occur after breaking contract. like you will need to go back to Phillippines and wait for your visa for almost two months, means two months without work. and we need to pay agencies. A lot more that you cant just say i break when you feel like breaking.theres a lot of things to consider.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad