DH lost the money i gave for grocery

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by PuiK 11 yrs ago
So she has or claimed that she's lost the money i gave her, like around $800.

She's new, just started to work for me for the 2nd month.

What's the legal way to deal with it?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 11 yrs ago
It's a matter of somebody losing your money. You tell her to repay you from her salary. (You still pay her the whole monthly salary - by bank transfer, check, etc., then she pays you in cash in one go or in a certain number of months.)

PuiK 11 yrs ago
Someone suggests that i should give first timer a warning. I guess your suggestion may make more sense to me. I'm thinking that if she really has lost the wallet, would that be very mean to deduct money from her at this point?

punter 11 yrs ago
The amount apparently has a bigger value to her than you, but you have to teach her a lesson to be careful. Our helper actually "claimed" to have been pickedpocket, and we believed her - as she also lost her keys and HKID. All of us can lose something, that's just reality.

To be nicer, you can say "I'll only charge you half, but next time you're going to pay in full". In addition, as I have suggested, you can deduct the amount not once but in a few months spread.

PuiK 11 yrs ago
Thanks for suggestion yes I probably will do that.

jgl 11 yrs ago
The legal way to deal with it is covered under Clause 35b here:

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/forms/id-e-969.html

Punter's advice is actually in direct contravention of this, probably illegal.

punter 11 yrs ago
Interesting. Can you make an application then Jgl, in this specific situation?

I could "interpret" the provision as 300hkd per deduction (or month). For the sake of argument, if the helper loses HKD5,000 of the market money, how are you going to apply the provision?

PuiK 11 yrs ago
I have spoken to immigration before I followed punter's suggestion btw.

The officer said if she broke/lost a 'thing' she will pay $300 max. When it comes to money I can ask to get the exact money back.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad