dummy employers

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jojoslu 10 yrs ago
Ive heard there are agencies who offers dummy employers for dhs. This means an agency helps you find an employer to sign a contract with you but you dont work for them,in return,you have to pay the agency a huge amount like 30k hkd or more.

How true is this? Someone know about this?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jojoslu 10 yrs ago
Yah and I guess it is not few but hundreds..Does anybody know about what agency offers this?...I have discussed with one agency I know, but the asking price is 33K HKD. Pretty expensive..

GemmaW 10 yrs ago
But what's the benefit of doing this? You pay the agency 30k and then what? They provide food and accomodation and you're free to look for part time work? I wanted to hire a DH once (I knew her aunty) but she refused to sign a contract with me. She said she could still come and work with me (I was offering 4k a month and the salary at the time was 32xx) but didn't want to sign the contract. Needless to say, I didn't take her on. I was too scared to go against the law.

jojoslu 10 yrs ago
Pay agency and provides you an employer who signs for you,but you're gonna work outside or other employer.food and allowance is your own expense.in short you just like bought a n fdh visa.yah against the law but thousands are against the law already..it's like killing for survival.

GemmaW 10 yrs ago
Yeah, but what's the benefit to the helper of doing this? You pay 33k to the agent just to get the visa. And then you still need a job. You get a job and 33k have to be paid back to the agency. Whatever little remaining, you have to pay for your own accomodation plus food? There's not much to be gained doing that, I thought? Isn't it better to get a proper contract signed, work hard at your job, employer is happy and you get the entire salary that you deserve plus bonuses plus a chance of contract renewal?

Daiso 10 yrs ago
Well, it makes a difference if the helpers are having a lot of boyfriends supporting them...u know what I mean? I had hired one previously and it was horrible.

The guys from USA/ Canada...etc are here few times a year. Some of them are here for months for training/ business trip...

Might not be neccessary pretty, but watch out for young helpers...this is all I could say.

housed 10 yrs ago
I've also heard FDH's on these "dummy contracts" will then look for jobs in Wanchai bars etc where pay is significantly higher than your average helper contract. Naturally their earnings are lucrative enough to make it worthwhile for them to pay $30K for a "dummy employer". Of course if they are them caught during a police raid in these bars, both the DH and the ER will be subject to criminal prosecution for fraud.

housed 10 yrs ago
I've also heard FDH's on these "dummy contracts" will then look for jobs in Wanchai bars etc where pay is significantly higher than your average helper contract. Naturally their earnings are lucrative enough to make it worthwhile for them to pay $30K for a "dummy employer". Of course if they are them caught during a police raid in these bars, both the DH and the ER will be subject to criminal prosecution for fraud.

Ken A 10 yrs ago
Some of these may be those that have relatives working in Hong Kong already who can put them up in a place to live and it's not necessarily related to working in bars etc. Working as a FDH with a contract may get them 4K a month, they may even be lucky enough to find somebody willing to sign their contract for 500/1000 more a month. However, if they worked the same hours doing temp cleaning jobs for other people (and there are plenty of people in HK wanting only a cleaner to come in once or twice a week and would rather have somebody who's English is better than is likely of a local cleaner), they can end up making vastly more than that 4K, depending on how enterprising that person is.

Even a conservative estimate of only 8 hours a day for only 5 days a week at 60 an hour nets them around 9600 over four weeks. I've known plenty of FDHs that have worked hard, and sought out as much work as possible that do six days a week and eight hours being the minimum that they work. If they are any good, it becomes very easy to spread the word around to friends looking for clearners etc, and it's possible to see where the value is over the course of a two year contract.

Again it's not legal, but just wanted to point out that it's not just being done by those with "boyfriends" or working in Wan Chai bars. There's even plenty out there that have contracts with employers who only need them a few hours a day and are ok with their helper finding work else where.

That being said the 30K is ridiculous. However, there's plenty of agencies charging ridiculous fees (three or four months wages) for a proper contract. Imagine any other field where the employee looking for a job pays three months wages to an agency to find them work.

jojoslu 10 yrs ago
Well said Ken...what is 30k to what they can earn from part time work or bar work.as youve said those who work on a legal basis even pay around 10k to 20k to agencies as their placemen fee and just earn 4k a month with long working hours...they are just being wise enough for survival..Macau,Singapore,Thailand,Taiwan,Korea and other asian countries do these legally.why would not be legalized here.this is why people like Erwiana get to be abused coz of the working law condition...to Housed,many helpers caught doing this stuff..they were questioned,interrogated but in the end,the govt just put them on probation for 1yr..and then when under prob,they will sneak out and go back to work again.and if theyll be caught again then prosecution comes in.they dont even prosecute the employers who signed.trust me.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad